Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat 04-27-2024 10:13PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Econ 122.....
PostPosted: Fri 06-23-2006 6:41AM 
Major General

Source: Off Campus
I'm signed up for Econ 122 with Hentzel. But when I go to the UMR Bookstore's website, to see what books I need to buy, all 122 sections are shown as being taught by Gelles and have no books listed. Anyone know what's up with that? Are the 122 instructors changing, or did the bookstore mess something up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-23-2006 2:40PM 
I gotta have more cowbell

As far as I know, all the books for 121/122 are online, and you buy them from the Econ department for like 15 dollars. I got by with a paperback book from years past, but I wouldn't bet on that being the case now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-23-2006 3:22PM 
Major General

I know 121 has the online eBook, and I know at some point, 122 had an actual textbook because my roommate had a 122 book he was going to sell to me until we found out they changed books. Don't know if that change was to an eBook or not though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08-31-2006 1:27PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: TJ North
i had the same problem with the book on the bookstore's website until the week before classes started... so i checked back and found the book. however, its a book thats only being used here at rolla... and is therefore IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere on the internet. and since its new the bookstore douches can't give you a "used" price... unless someone drops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08-31-2006 3:36PM 
Major General

Source: RC I
amd2800barton wrote:
i had the same problem with the book on the bookstore's website until the week before classes started... so i checked back and found the book. however, its a book thats only being used here at rolla... and is therefore IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere on the internet. and since its new the bookstore douches can't give you a "used" price... unless someone drops.

it's that plus, you have to go to the econ office to get the ebook. so they keep a record of who buys the book versus who doesn't. They put your name on every single page of the book.. so even if you do get a copy from the friend, it has his/her name on it. I know you could probably change that, but when they start noticing that you're turning in homework and you have bought a book; they'll probably drop you or something gay like that.