Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat 04-27-2024 1:08AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-11-2006 3:31AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
For CpE112, we ended up figuring out that we could connect the X Server with Cygwin and use mentor graphics via ssh. It was really handy to use a real mouse/keybaord

Sea wrote:
FrankieM wrote:
Sea wrote:
FrankieM wrote:
That assignment looks like it could be consuming. Certainly doesn't sound like it would be too dificult though. Are you by yourself? I think we were in groups for our final project. I think it took 3 of use ~35-40 hours (almost straight) for the project.

For a Price final project? Surely you jest! I could see if you were in one of the experimental CS 53 sections *cough* *cough*... However, you can't really compare the two.

--sea

No, I had you WS05. We wrote Monopoly.

Exactly... the experimental sections of CS53 :-P

--sea

What do you mean by experimental?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-11-2006 1:11PM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
I'm guessing he means sections where Price didn't write the homework, tests, lesson plans, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-11-2006 5:33PM 
Colonel

jollyplex wrote:
-|F.I.B.|-LowMan wrote:
253 made my head hurt and 284 (while interesting) was way more time consuming than I wanted a class to be. It was at this time I became a EE/CpE double major, lol.

253 was a lot of work. That said, it's by far the most useful CS course I've taken here. Algorithms are the crux of CS; if you lack the proper tools to analyze and compare them, you'll be hard pressed to write software that solves problems in a fast and correct manner.

IMHO, the CpE and EE curriculum are full of time-consuming labs that are just as terrible as "the big programming assignment". I guess YMMV.

For me the only severely time consuming CpE lab was 312. But it was a lab based lecture class, so I guess that was expected. 284 was a class I thoroughly enjoyed, but taking it during a 18 hour semester with a 35 hour job just about killed me. But we did have working programs for every assignment, which is more than I could say for some....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-11-2006 9:34PM 
The Cap'n

FrankieM wrote:

Oh.. you didn't know I was just experimenting on you all? It's called educational experimentation. I've starting writing papers on it and all :-D

--sea

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-11-2006 9:55PM 
Captain

Source: TJ South
Sea wrote:
FrankieM wrote:

Oh.. you didn't know I was just experimenting on you all? It's called educational experimentation. I've starting writing papers on it and all :-D

--sea

make sure to mention how many long, countless hours and nights I spent crying and cutting myself while in your class

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-11-2006 10:11PM 
The Cap'n

da_spork wrote:
Sea wrote:
FrankieM wrote:

--sea

make sure to mention how many long, countless hours and nights I spent crying and cutting myself while in your class

Good to see you got some "real life" experience! Eh.. I learned plenty about how to teach the subject - even if you all suffered long and hard and were only decently prepared for 153 :-P

--sea

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-12-2006 11:06AM 
Captain

Source: TJ South
Sea wrote:

Good to see you got some "real life" experience! Eh.. I learned plenty about how to teach the subject - even if you all suffered long and hard and were only decently prepared for 153 :-P

--sea

Actualy, I feel I was well prepared for 153...I only wish you would have been the teacher! You poop head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-12-2006 4:21PM 
Major General

Source: RC I
TBrownstein wrote:
Sea wrote:

--sea

Actualy, I feel I was well prepared for 153...I only wish you would have been the teacher! You poop head.

Seconded!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-12-2006 6:15PM 
The Cap'n

blitzvergnugen wrote:
TBrownstein wrote:
Sea wrote:

--sea

Seconded!

I suppose you could come tell IMSA to fire me so I'll have to come crawling back to UMR... you might only have to nudge them a bit; I'm second rate here... it's fun :-P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12-13-2006 8:54PM 
Brigadier General

Sea wrote:
da_spork wrote:
Sea wrote:
FrankieM wrote:

--sea

--sea

Meh, I never took 153. I really just took 53 "just in case" i ever needed it. It turned out to be one of the easiest classes I've taken at UMR in terms of amount of time spent studying (ie reading and memorizing).

Profile E-mail