Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 7:27AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obligatory Cubs Suck Thread
PostPosted: Tue 10-07-2008 6:48PM 
Corporal

Source: Beta Sigma Psi
LostBoyz wrote:
why would someone who likes the cubs, post in a cubs suck thread?

Why would a Cardinals fan start a cubs suck thread? Maybe people should worry about their own team that they are fans of before bashing another team. Just a thought though...

PostPosted: Tue 10-07-2008 6:59PM 
Drowning

Source: Fidelity

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 10-07-2008 11:11PM 
Major General

Sobenergy wrote:
Why would a Cardinals fan start a cubs suck thread? Maybe people should worry about their own team that they are fans of before bashing another team. Just a thought though...

It's called a rivalry.

PostPosted: Tue 10-07-2008 11:36PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
kjk437 wrote:
Sobenergy wrote:

It's called a rivalry.

I don't even see what you kids are fighting about. All this thread has proven is that STL and the Cubs both suck. My goodness, STL won the series in 2006! Before that was 1982. Both of you should stop talking.

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 1:31AM 
Major General

berto wrote:
I don't even see what you kids are fighting about. All this thread has proven is that STL and the Cubs both suck. My goodness, STL won the series in 2006! Before that was 1982. Both of you should stop talking.

Really don't watch many sports, do you?

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 1:35AM 
Drowning

so now the troops rally, but baseball still sucks

other than the occasional play there is no team work involved, the only action usually only happens between 2 players

its a strategy game so its got 1 up on golf

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 1:56AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
kjk437 wrote:
berto wrote:

Really don't watch many sports, do you?

I guess I don't watch many if you exclude basketball, football, occasional hockey, tennis, and every once in a while golf.

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 7:08AM 
awesome yet humble

LostBoyz wrote:

while i'm not going to say that golf is the best sport ever (because it obviously isn't), it is a good game to just play by yourself every once in a while. I've recently started to enjoy going over to the course and hitting some at the driving range and going through a few rounds. i suck at it, but i figure that later on in my career, i could play golf with a supervisor or something and get a big promotion.

it's really more of a hobby than a sport

And then, the monkey died.

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 8:46AM 
Colonel

Source: Somewhere On Campus
kjk437 wrote:
Ummm... Why do people that hate baseball post in a baseball thread?

purely for the lulz.

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 9:38AM 
Major General

berto wrote:
I guess I don't watch many if you exclude basketball, football, occasional hockey, tennis, and every once in a while golf.

What do you think of the Trailblazers chances this year? I really think they have what it takes to win the West, the question is just if Fernandez, Oden, and Roy can mesh together well in their first year together.

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 9:54AM 
Drowning

el_lorenzo wrote:
LostBoyz wrote:

while i'm not going to say that golf is the best sport ever (because it obviously isn't), it is a good game to just play by yourself every once in a while. I've recently started to enjoy going over to the course and hitting some at the driving range and going through a few rounds. i suck at it, but i figure that later on in my career, i could play golf with a supervisor or something and get a big promotion.

I guess i shouldve clarified, playing sports is usually always a good time, watching them on the other hand is a whole different thing. That is the realm in which golf and baseball suck

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 10:39AM 
Brigadier General

Source: CSF Building
I would just like to point out one bit of information that proves that Cubs fans are tarded: Kosuke Fukudome started the All-Star game. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 11:21AM 
Corporal

Source: Beta Sigma Psi
Colossians3 wrote:
I would just like to point out one bit of information that proves that Cubs fans are tarded: Kosuke Fukudome started the All-Star game. :lol:

That proves two things. That Japanese fans only care about their players, and also that the voting on the All-Star game should take place at the time that the All-Star game takes place, instead of taking place for a month before. First, people in Japan can vote for the All-Star game just like any of us (which doesn't make much sense, but whatever). And they vote for all the Japanese players playing in the MLB, not caring whether or not they're good. Cubs fans would love to see our players play in it, but most of us vote for who we believe will help the NL win it (and trust me, we know not everyone on our team deserves it over others). Second, All-Star game voting takes place over many weeks. When the voting started, Fukudome was doing really well. He had his great defense (which he still has), was hitting over .300, and had the highest pitches/PA in all of baseball. He was doing awesome. Then, during the long voting process, his hitting got worse. He still had a high pitches/PA, and his avg. was still okay, but everyone could tell he was going through a slump (which never ended). So he got tons of votes at the start because of his awesome start to the season, and then falled back in the standings (if I remember correctly, he was 4th in the voting, but because Soriano was hurt and couldn't start, Fuku got the start) when he started showing signs of a summer-long slump. So it's not the Cubs fans fault, blame Japanese fans and the voting system first.

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 3:14PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: Off Campus
LostBoyz wrote:
el_lorenzo wrote:
LostBoyz wrote:

I guess i shouldve clarified, playing sports is usually always a good time, watching them on the other hand is a whole different thing. That is the realm in which golf and baseball suck

Keep in mind that watching professional sports live (at the event) is different than on TV. When I watch sports on TV (which I do when I am somewhere that actually HAS cable) I'll watch the highlights by myself. Anything else (even Cardinals Baseball) I like to preoccupy myself, whether this is a couple other people over for BBQ + baseball game, or just doing homework while college football is on in the background - I just like to have something else going on. I don't think I ever just sit down and watch every second of a sports game, except for chamionships/games i expect will be very exciting. Sitting in front of a TV with sports on just usually doesn't Do it for me the way sitting in front of a TV with a movie does.

PostPosted: Wed 10-08-2008 4:35PM 
Major General

Source: Off Campus
LostBoyz wrote:
so now the troops rally, but baseball still sucks

other than the occasional play there is no team work involved, the only action usually only happens between 2 players

+1

I'd rather watch paint dry than golf.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next