Macintosh 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Just Mac 30%  30%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 07-11-2004 11:37PM 
Captain

Source: Off Campus
FuzzyLogic wrote:
hey, don't critisize a company for throwing around their money to get what they want. Think about it, what good is money if you can't get what you want?

It is really anti-competitive. The best thing to do with that money if they wanted the game would have been to make a copy of it. Microsoft has already proven themselves to be really good at copying features from their competitors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2004 12:44AM 

Source: Somewhere
fungifred1 wrote:
zerf25 wrote:
I like MacOS X, I used for a little while when I borrowed a friends ibook.
But alas I can only afford 1 computer right now, and I don't know what I would do without my PC

What do you do on your PC that you think a Mac won't do? Besides gaming although Halo was originaly intended as a Mac only game before microsoft decided that they would use thier money to make sure that it didn't happen.

lol, besides gaming. If it was not for gamers computers would still be in the... well... apple days. Owning a Mac means that you can not warez ‘anything’ you want in less than 12 hours. It means always having problems with the rest of the world.
For example, at my gf’s work place they use wireless lan for every computer save 3 or 4. People bring in random lab tops all the time, no problem. Every day some one with a Mac is having a problem getting on the network. What do you think they say, umm “it works fine at my house”, but they have no clue how to make it work. At least with a PC you can be pretty sure that the community is going to be on the same page with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07-15-2004 1:17AM 
Captain

Source: Off Campus
Oh so apparently, Computers are never used for high end video editing, heavy photoshop work. sound editing or other things that require lots of prcessor power because, if it were not for gaming, we would not need fast computers and we would still be in the Apple days. Does the coward mean the Apple days when it was 1985 and Apple had the consumer 32 bit OS running on a 32 bit machine and a GUI that it took MS a full 10 years to copy or the days where the worlds 3rd fastest supercomputer is made from Macs and the soon to be second fastest supercomputer is soon to be build by the US Military with even more Macs.

With the Wireless, maybe the windows users that claim to be so smart could find the setting that is wrong if they would click on the darn apple shapped button in the top left that looks like the start buton and stop griping about how it isn't just like windoze becuase that is what makes it better.

It is kinda funny that you chose to pick on the wireless. The wireless that everyone has to have now-days that in the past year became standard on PC laptops. The same wireless technology that Apple started shipping half a decade ago. But, Apple sweetens it up by giving you beter wireless reception through the built-in antennas in the monitor bezel.

On the topic of things that Apple did frist or did better...
The mouse - 1st consumer use
The GUI - 1st consumer use
32 bit OS - 1st consumer use
1st widespread intergrated bluetooth
Unix based operating system!

You can warez things for the Mac fast but, as a CS major, I would like to point out that when you steal software, you are doing nothing more than putting yourself out of a job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07-15-2004 5:39AM 
Major

Source: TJ South
I willl grant you that Apple is much better in digital image editing, but as for video editing. You can get a PC for the same price that is far better than an Apple, granted the video editing software for PC's are targeted almost solely to the advanced user (except for windows video editor of course), while Apple's Macintoshs are targeted towards novice users with some advanced features.
Actually it was Xerox that had the mouse first (well, more like invented the hardware and wrote the code for it, they never went to market with it). The management couldn't see a use for the mouse and just gave it to Apple when they asked for it. Also, being the first in something isn't near as good as being the best in something. Since Apple is such a small company compared to others in their field when they come out with new technology it will only stay around if other companies (like microsoft) pick it up as well. This is pretty obvious if take the example of when apple came out with the first PDA, the Newton. It was a flop, even though it was a pretty decent machine for the time. And as for mentioning what Apple does better, well, you didn't mention one thing.

"When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends."
-Japanese Proverb