Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 04-18-2024 3:27PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 07-25-2004 3:00PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Dorms Vs. Frats? It's a moot point; both options suck compared to living completely off campus.

"I'll attract them with my human call.... 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, Night Elf, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 07-25-2004 3:14PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Triangle
LordoftheJujubes wrote:
Dorms Vs. Frats? It's a moot point; both options suck compared to living completely off campus.

Independent housing.
Dorms.
Frats.

They have their pros and cons. Whatever you're comfortable with I guess.

http://www.aperturescience.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 07-25-2004 8:30PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: MechE Building
You forgot street corners and bus stations.

Post subject: Re: watch it
PostPosted: Mon 07-26-2004 3:17PM 

Source: Somewhere
Dormie wrote:
Dormie? What are you implying? Because they don't feel the need to belong in a group, they don't fit in? Brotherhood? How about we call it "I cant be an individual so I chose to follow a group"

Dormies can make their own friends! They don't need to be obligated to be someone's friend.

But you can view a frat as a good thing, you do what you're told, follow the herd. Actually now that I think about it, yeah frats are a good thing, otherwise, no one would want to work in a cubicle!

Now is your turn to tell me all the exceptions and how successful people are that come out of frats, because I don't doubt there is. But lets remember all the non-frat sucessful people.

Frats are for those that need a group to identify with--whether you are a leader or follower is up to you, but youll find more followers in the frat scene. Dress the same way, act like everyone else, live in the same house, pretty much carrying the petty attitudes of high school with you to college. The lower classmen get hazed/beaten on etc, so the higher classmen can feel better. Its like an abusive relationship. You beat on someone, they will listen to you more. THe weaker the person, the more they respond to the "hazing".

Basically don't bash the DORMIES, we can choose our friends, you frats are told who your friends are...
you are the only person who bashed the dorms, with a thin-skinned, whiney, baby like yourself living there, I can't imagine how anyone else would want to. I mean cum-on, Swirls never said anything, accept that he likes to choose the people he lives with. In short "Fuckin Wah" jthxv4