Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon 04-15-2024 10:05PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Alcohol 120% ?
PostPosted: Tue 08-31-2004 3:27PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
How do you manage a 100% 1:1 duplicate copy of a cd? I'm trying to copy Sacred, and have tried both "general protected cd," and "SecuROM (4.x/5.x)." I've even tried using the retail cd and having Alcohol make an .mds image of it (which it does anyway when you try to burn the cd), and then mounting that image with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%. I've still had no luck managing it, because the game won't load up if the cd isn't inserted (there's no no-cd crack yet for the latest update).

Any ideas on something else I could try, or some setting I forgot to check/uncheck to get it to make the exact copy?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08-31-2004 3:36PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ North
maby ur using the wrong secure rom try 2-3
There is a program that can scan the file and tell you what settings 120 needs to be on but i cant recall it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08-31-2004 11:17PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Off Campus
What errors do you get when you try to run it?

Do you have any other Emulation/Copying programs installed? I know that for Doom 3, if you have CloneCD installed, it will always give you an error... once you uninstall it, you can use virtual daemon just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08-31-2004 11:55PM 
Brigadier General

When I try to run it, it pops up saying "Disk Verification Error" or something. And other than Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%, I don't have anything else that will emulate and copy files.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-01-2004 9:46AM 
Brigadier General

So I downloaded and ran ClonyXXL on the retail cd. It pops up with "ProtectCD v0.4" and showed 10 skulls at the bottom. I read down the screen, and it said "the more skulls shown, the tougher the copy protection." And of course, 10 skulls was the max. Alcohol 120% has settings for "VOB ProtectCD" and "VOB ProtectCD v5." So I'm thinkin the only thing I can do is make two copies of the cd, one with each protection... By God it better work. :P

Profile E-mail