Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 5:46AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-05-2004 9:08PM 
Major General

Source: TJ North
I did use a CD key to install the XP i have (was listed in a notepad file on the download).....so maybe thats why it didn't ask. But it works and i have a new shield icon on my taskbar, lol.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-06-2004 5:23PM 
Brigadier General

Source: McAnerney Hall
ok, the question about me asking why it's only formatting 130GB of 200, i figured it out.

i checked out mythtv and freevo. yeah, that's way too complicated for me. i thought it would be a simple download and install.

i looked on seek, i2 and googled medio but couldnt find anything. could you provide a link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-06-2004 10:26PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Kelly Hall
I'm sorry, I mispelled Meedio, (it really has two "e"s) But here is a link anyway.

http://www.meedio.com/

::Edit::

Thank my friend:

\\WhtHawk\Documents\Warez\AV_tools\Meedio 1.15.22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-08-2004 6:54PM 

Source: Somewhere
sorry to keep reviving this thread but now i have another issue. i have everything installed and running but when i go to install my video driver, my computer flips out and the only way to fix it is to reformat or start in safe mode. i tried downloading the latest drivers and install from that but when i go to restart, windows keeps saying it detects new hardware and i need to install the software. random restarting has occured once in a while and then i'd have to start in safe mode.

one way windows said it could fix the problem was to download sp2. well, the update page didnt recommend sp2, so i downloaded it off of seek instead. when i installed sp2, it just made the situation worse. any helpers?

here's the specs:
Intel Celeron D 2.4Ghz
ASRock P4I65GV
256MB PC2100 Corsair Value RAM
200GB Seagate SATA
ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro
DVD-ROM

like i said, i have the latest video drivers and latest version of direct x.

thanks,
gearbot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-08-2004 9:43PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Kelly Hall
Have you installed Intel's chipset drivers? If the motherboard dosen't know what's going on, Windows XP dosen't have a chance. If nothing else, try re-installing. It may be the generic Windows chipset drivers that are posing the problem.

Here's a link for your convience
http://www.asrock.com/support/Download/dl_p4i65gv.htm

::edit::
I noticed you don't have a series listed for your video card. ATI 9600 Series cards are (kinda) not supported by your motherboard. Click for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-10-2004 9:46AM 
Brigadier General

Source: McAnerney Hall
this is a question about SP2. do the people with SP2 have a new sound when window starts? when windows loads for me, it plays the original windows startup sound along with a new one (sounds like a whoosh fallowed by a kinda futuristic chyme). is there a way i can disable it. i went through control panel but i can only disable the original sound. i think my startup time is significantly slowed down by this sound.

edit: oh, im just going to bite the bullet and buy a all in wonder 9000 or 9600.