Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat 06-15-2024 3:07PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: FS: Gently Used 8GB iPhone 3G
PostPosted: Tue 11-09-2010 12:09AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Fidelity
Since I am moving to a remote part of the nation that AT&T hasn't discovered yet, I can't use my iPhone anymore. I need to switch to U.S. Cellular, a CDMA network that the iPhone doesn't support, even when unlocked.

Therefore, I need funding to replace this phone with a CDMA-friendly one. If I were patient with eBay, I think I could get $180.00 out of it, but if one of you guys wants one of these, I think I'll let it go for $140 because:

1) I've only had this phone since February.
2) It comes with a hardy, plastic-coated silicon case
3) It has 14 months of Apple's 2-year iCare plan remaining.
4) It is already jailbroken and running iOS 3.1.3, which I strongly recommend against upgrading, since Apple has basically crippled 3G's with their iOS 4.1 crap. (So if you have an issue with it and need to send it in, I STRONGLY recommend doing a factory reset to remove the jailbreaking software)

It can be unlocked and used with T-Mobile if you are careful and know what you are doing, but this will void the Apple iCare plan.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FS: Gently Used 8GB iPhone 3G
PostPosted: Tue 11-09-2010 5:06AM 
Drowning

Source: Off Campus
5 dolla

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 11-09-2010 8:14AM 
Lieutenant General

LostBoyz wrote:
5 dolla

Sold + $135 for shipping to Michigan (their mail couriers are REALLY expensive). :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 11-09-2010 6:27PM 
awesome yet humble

have you considered microcell? it's a little microtower thingie that uses your high speed internet connection to boost the 3g service in your home. The device costs $150, but if you threaten to cancel and get trans to cust relations, they'll prolly get it to you for free. There's no extra feature needed to use it, but there are features that you can get ($20 more per month) that would allow for unl minute usage while on the microcell

And then, the monkey died.

PostPosted: Wed 11-10-2010 2:07PM 
Lieutenant General

That would be awesome to use, but the contract agreement says that if a majority of my talk/data time is in a partnership-controlled area rather than their own towers (i.e. T-Mobile or private owners have towers that utilize GSM technology and willingly transmit my usage to the nearest AT&T network), then my contact is nullified and I am forced to find a new carrier.

In southern Iowa, any signal I get is a partner-owned tower, so I'd still eventually lose my contract and be forcefully removed from AT&T. Couple that with the massive inconvenience of not being able to receive calls when I am on the road and it really doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks for the recommendation, though. That is something I still may look into for other uses. I think I'll call Customer Relations anyway and see what, if any, other options are available.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 11-10-2010 9:37PM 
Sergeant

Source: MST Wireless
If it had more memory in it I would probably be interested in it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 11-13-2010 2:55AM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

ShadowCat38 wrote:
That would be awesome to use, but the contract agreement says that if a majority of my talk/data time is in a partnership-controlled area rather than their own towers (i.e. T-Mobile or private owners have towers that utilize GSM technology and willingly transmit my usage to the nearest AT&T network), then my contact is nullified and I am forced to find a new carrier.

In southern Iowa, any signal I get is a partner-owned tower, so I'd still eventually lose my contract and be forcefully removed from AT&T. Couple that with the massive inconvenience of not being able to receive calls when I am on the road and it really doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks for the recommendation, though. That is something I still may look into for other uses. I think I'll call Customer Relations anyway and see what, if any, other options are available.

You are going to want to take this route anyway. That way, AT&T cancels the contract with you, and you don't have to cancel it yourself. Did you know that the charge to cancel a contract with an iPhone is now as high as $375 per line? If they say it isn't worth it to pay for your roaming, they'll let you off the hook (drop you) for free.

PostPosted: Sat 11-13-2010 10:28AM 
Lieutenant General

Yeah, and that is how I intend to nullify the contract. I am giving them my address that I'll have up there and when they figure out that they can't give me any signal reliably, they'll drop me. If I cancelled my plan myself right now, I'd be out ~$180 because half of my contract is still unfulfilled.

Profile E-mail