Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon 04-29-2024 3:10AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-04-2002 2:00PM 

Source: Somewhere
Check out the new campus website that they have been working on all summer. If you had problems with the extranet, you ain't seen nothing yet.
http://campus-test.umr.edu
This site is chaos incarnate. The new site makes the old site look like heaven. Besides the fact that it takes way to long to read all the options on a single page, I am now wondering if they really do employ a graphic artist over in CIS. When I first saw the new site I felt like I had fallen into a yahoo.com swamp. It seems they were trying to incorporate some basic features of a portal, like the weather and the news, but the way they laid it all out it is hard to find exactly what you are looking for. I have to tip my hat to them though on one account. It seems that CIS as taken note from the department of Admissions on self promotion. It is now really easy to access the helpdesk. They may, however, want to rethink their plan. Now it is even easier to read all the public incopmpentencies that CIS displays on their announcements page.

I know I am not the only one that feels this way after seeing the new site. Luckily there is hope; the site is still on in the test environment. So please, let your voices be heard. We put a stop to the starship site a few years ago, let's at least help CIS tweak this site so it is not so hideous!

Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-04-2002 2:11PM 

Source: Somewhere
let your voices be heard? sure. Let your voices be heard by the helpdesk people? not a chance. I know that maybe you weren't meaning helpdesk, but when most people here the word CIS they think helpdesk. We don't care what you think of the new site. Most of us hate it too, but bitching to those who can't do anything about it isn't going to help.

Key advise: bypass CS101, go across the hall or email someone directly, perhaps email address listed on the site itself (if any) or phone numbers there (if any)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-04-2002 4:45PM 
Private

Source: Theta Xi
I have worked and gone to school at this University for the past 4 years, and one thing I have learned is that the student population under values itself. Not everybody values our new chancelor, but one thing good about him is that he HATES to hear complaints! It is now eaiser than ever to change things on this campus.

The intranet is desigened to meet the needs of the students faculty and staff, if any of these groups feel that their needs arn't adequitly met then they have the power to change things just by sending a few emails. If you don't like something CHANGE IT!!!

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]