Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun 04-28-2024 11:37AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-10-2004 2:08PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
Here's a link from the Detroit Free Press... The first half talks about all of the Trade Deadline deals and such, but the bottom part discusses the whole Bertuzzi thing. It's a really good article.

http://www.freep.com/sports/redwings/pn ... 040310.htm

Profile E-mail  
Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-10-2004 2:20PM 
Major

Source: TJ South
bertuzzi is a bitch version of tony twist!!!!

twist might knock u out and beat the shit outta u, but he still had the respect for the other players....

even naslund admitted that moore had no intent to injure him.... and that he didn't have any harsh feelings towards him....

and in the first period, moore fought against the other fighter for vancouver..... so it should have ended right there, but no, bertuzzi is a fucking bitch and sucker punches a guy in his ear/temple and then grabs his head and fucking bulldogs him basically into the ice..... this guy must watch wrestling too much or something.....

i love a great fight in hockey, but i would never want a player to ever get hurt..... that's fucking ridiculous...

those fans are fucking morons and don't even deserve to have a team there.....

GOD WHAT FUCKING CLOWNSHOES!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-10-2004 2:32PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ North
Moore not only fought once before the incident in that game, but fought again later in the game. According to some fans, he also turned down 4 other fights during the course of the game, so it should have been over with after those fights.

Another interesting point is that Moore wears a visor on his helmet, and new league rules state that any player participating in a fight with a visor on his helmet will get a game misconduct (ejected from the game). Moore was not ejected after the first fight or after the second fight. I think he should have been according to this rule, but it still doesn't justify what Bertuzzi did. Just an interesting fact.

"What do you mean 'brought it bowling,' Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude." -Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-10-2004 3:54PM 
Sergeant

Source: EE Building
Anybody got a picture or screenshot of this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-10-2004 10:00PM 
Sergeant

Source: Off Campus
look i'm not one to say i like the avs. but that was a cheap shot on moore. but i still think charging bertuzzi with a crime in the U.S. is a bit rediculous sense it happened in Canada. and by the way the Vancover police and the B.C. Solicitor General are looking into filing charges under Canadian law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-10-2004 10:14PM 
Captain

I will say, Moore did have something coming to him, because of the hit on Naslund, but he shouldn't have gotten that. Canadian laws are pretty good about this, as in the NHL, so I think Bertuzzi will get what he deserves. Yes he is a bitch player, but he shouldn't be banned from the game altogether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-11-2004 9:06AM 
Brigadier General

Well here are the results, straight from NHL.com...

9:09 AM EST, 03/11/2004
NHL suspends Bertuzzi through Stanley Cup Playoffs, future status to be determined

Vancouver organization fined $250,000

TORONTO - Vancouver Canucks' forward Todd Bertuzzi has been suspended for the remainder of the 2003-04 season, including the final 12 regular-season games plus the entire 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs. In addition, Mr. Bertuzzi's eligibility for the 2004-05 NHL season will be determined by Commissioner Gary Bettman prior to the start of training camp. This suspension is the result of a blind-side punch that injured Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore in NHL Game #1028 on March 8.
Bertuzzi was assessed a match penalty under Rule 52, Deliberate Injury of Opponent, at 8:41 of the third period. Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, based on his average annual salary, Bertuzzi will forfeit at least $501,926.39. This amount will be paid by the Club into the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

"Mr. Bertuzzi pursued Mr. Moore on the ice, attempting to engage him in a confrontation," said Colin Campbell, NHL Executive Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations. "When Mr. Moore declined to engage Mr. Bertuzzi, Mr. Bertuzzi responded by delivering a gloved punch from behind to the side of Mr. Moore's head, rendering him unconscious. Upon falling to the ice, Mr. Moore suffered additional serious injuries. We want to make clear that this type of conduct will not be tolerated in the NHL.
"No final determination on the total duration of Mr. Bertuzzi's suspension has yet been made," Mr. Campbell said. "Mr. Bertuzzi will be required to meet with Commissioner Bettman prior to the start of training camp for the 2004-05 season, at which point Mr. Bertuzzi's eligibility will be reviewed in light of all the available facts at that time, including Mr. Moore's physical status and the progression of his recovery."

The Canucks' organization also has been fined $250,000.
"While we are satisfied that the Vancouver organization did nothing to affirmatively encourage Mr. Bertuzzi's actions, and that it in no way condones what transpired, it must nonetheless accept some responsibility for what took place," Mr. Campbell said. "In light of numerous player comments about Mr. Moore following the Vancouver-Colorado game of February 16, we believe the Vancouver organization ultimately bears some responsibility for monitoring and, to the extent necessary, attempting to moderate the focus of its team. While the League provided appropriate advance warnings to both organizations, and while some steps were apparently taken by the Vancouver organization to ensure a proper focus by the players on the game itself, we believe that more could have and should have been done."

The Vancouver fine money goes to the NHL Foundation which, in turn, makes contributions to a variety of charitable organizations.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-11-2004 6:30PM 
Brigadier General

Sounds like the appropriate penalty was given and I am glad to see the league is sticking with their previous statements. It will be interesting to see what they decide over the summer. Now the 'Nucks are down one of their top players going into the most important part of the regular season and the playoffs.

"What do you mean 'brought it bowling,' Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude." -Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-11-2004 11:21PM 
Brigadier General

That's why they were like the Avalanche (obviously replacing Moore at the last minute), and signed a fucking ton of people late-Monday and early-Tuesday.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-17-2004 11:55PM 
Brigadier General

So, apparantly there was a march in Vancover by about 800 or so angry Canuck fans, chanting, "Free Bertuzzi!" I am beginning to wonder how screwed up that town really is.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 12:13AM 
Captain

Oh my goodness...I can't believe people would really do that. I mean I understand supporting your team, but really :roll: . His punishment was justified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 12:20AM 
Brigadier General

They're Canadians. What other need for explanation is there?

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 12:49AM 
Brigadier General

They say that the actions directed to Bertuzzi were way to harsh and something should have been done to Moore for his hit (wish I had a copy of it) and some other really bad hit by another player. They think that Moore's injuries aren't that bad ("just a fractured vertebra" said one fan that was quickly backed up by some others) and Bertuzzi was provoked my Moore before the hit, then Moore turned away. These fans are way too one side and cannot even see straight. There are a few that aren't that bad, but for the most part, what a bunch of douches! :evil:

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2