Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 10:05AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: HEY RETARD!
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 2:30PM 

Source: Somewhere
This isn't high school. Don't go dragging your little daddy into these issues. If you have a problem, you take care of it.

Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 2:43PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
firespirit wrote:
As a former GTA I think that I put a lot more effort into attempting to help my students than some of the professors that teach. There are bad apples in each group and if your father is going to write a letter to complain I think you need to make him understand that it might be that particular person and not all GTA's as a whole.

Yup... You definitely helped us in Calc II more than Dildowitz did. Kudos to you.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 5:51PM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
Note to those who are bitching about BE20.

If you can't make it through that class, I'd recommend you leave the University right now, b/c there's no way you're making it through your upper levels if you can't get through that piddly ass class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 9:32PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ North
It isn't that I am failing the class, in fact, I have a high B or low A, but I am not learning anything. All Grantham does is read the slides to us, and my roommate taught me AutoCAD one weekend, and I went back to class knowing everything he was trying to teach. I know Excel pretty much inside and out. Right now, the only purpose I can see in the class is that it teaches us how to work in a group on a complex project. I like building the tennis ball launcher, and can't wait to shoot it and stuff. I just don't want to get up for an 8:00 class where the only purpose in being there is to turn something in. There is nothing taught. I think it is crap. Maybe it is the class, not the teacher, but they need to change it if they want us to learn something.

"What do you mean 'brought it bowling,' Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude." -Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 9:34PM 

snocat17 wrote:
It isn't that I am failing the class, in fact, I have a high B or low A, but I am not learning anything. All Grantham does is read the slides to us, and my roommate taught me AutoCAD one weekend, and I went back to class knowing everything he was trying to teach. I know Excel pretty much inside and out. Right now, the only purpose I can see in the class is that it teaches us how to work in a group on a complex project. I like building the tennis ball launcher, and can't wait to shoot it and stuff. I just don't want to get up for an 8:00 class where the only purpose in being there is to turn something in. There is nothing taught. I think it is crap. Maybe it is the class, not the teacher, but they need to change it if they want us to learn something.

Ditto. I'm not learning much, I know how to read the slides, and I hate getting up at 7 AM to make that class at 8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 9:47PM 
Major General

-|F.I.B.|-LowMan wrote:
Note to those who are bitching about BE20.

If you can't make it through that class, I'd recommend you leave the University right now, b/c there's no way you're making it through your upper levels if you can't get through that piddly ass class.

Believe me, i can make it through BE20. Its just that BE20 is being a bigger PITA than either Calc II or Physics this semester for me (both of which i'm doing fairly well in).

Like said above, it is just seems to be a waste of time and i don't think i'm learning anything, not even really any useful facts and bits of knowledge.....

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 10:20PM 

Who is this Grantham you speak of? perhaps a full name

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 10:23PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
Yes the class is a waste of time. Get used to it. The "waste of time" classes are called GPA padding classes. They help shield the blow that comes when you get a D in Physics 23. :(

Yes you have a shitty teacher for the class, but get used to it. From my experiences the only good teachers in the BE department are Wolfe and Raney, the rest are pretty shitty. Just wait til you get to Statics with Robertson.

The whole purpose of the class isn't really to get you to learn AutoCAD or Excel (I've yet to use AutoCAD again, and the only times I use the equation functions in Excel anymore is during my Physics labs), or learn how to write the memos... It's basically to try and get you in the groove of not procrastinating. Because if you procrastinate in that class, you will get seriously fucked in the ass.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 10:51PM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Altman Hall
So that is why i am sucking so much at this college thing. I need to get on the ball. All D's is not a good thing. (and boy am I glad I'm not that far in the hole yet).

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 10:58PM 
Major General

Swirls wrote:

The whole purpose of the class isn't really to get you to learn AutoCAD or Excel (I've yet to use AutoCAD again, and the only times I use the equation functions in Excel anymore is during my Physics labs), or learn how to write the memos... It's basically to try and get you in the groove of not procrastinating. Because if you procrastinate in that class, you will get seriously fucked in the ass.

Humm....never thought of it that way. If so it sure is doing its job....procrastination in there does mean certian death.
But, being the lazy bastard i am i will still complain abou it :twisted:

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:02PM 

Anonymous wrote:
Who is this Grantham you speak of? perhaps a full name

does anybody know her first name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:05PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: VPN
Procrastination for my group last semester meant turning a car around from prints to final model in 48 hours, having it not scale the first hill, and still making an A in the class because we put in sufficient effort.

Seriously, Flori's not teaching that this semester?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:16PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Off Campus
i had thomas for be 110 and he was prob the best teacher ive had the whole three years ive been here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:17PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Fidelity
Jeff Thomas is Awesome... I doubt you'll find too many that will disagree with that thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:20PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: VPN
Besides, wasn't the project for ME 161 a couple semesters ago a tennis ball launcher of some sort?

So this is nothing new.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next