Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 3:30PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

What do you think about Clarke?
He is full of shit 61%  61%  [ 8 ]
He speaks some truth, some lies 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
He is telling the truth 30%  30%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Clarke
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 9:44PM 
Major General

Source: TJ North
So, i'm wondering what everyone else thinks about this Clarke dude telling us about the Bush administration's policy on terror.

I don't know whether to believe the guy or think he is full of crap. Of course i am your typical Bush-hater so i could always use a few more reasons to dislike the man, but if Clarke is full of crap i don't want to waste my time lisetning to him. I don't want this to turn into the typical republican vs. democrat bickering match, but i'm sure it will anyway, lol.

Of course the White House is denying everything, which i would expect if the accusations were true or not. Polticians historically have a hard time of admiting when they made a mistake or messed up (like Clinton and the sex scandal thing....).

Profile E-mail  
Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Clarke
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 10:58PM 
Major

Source: Delta Tau Delta
lukecp wrote:
So, i'm wondering what everyone else thinks about this Clarke dude telling us about the Bush administration's policy on terror.

I don't know whether to believe the guy or think he is full of crap. Of course i am your typical Bush-hater so i could always use a few more reasons to dislike the man, but if Clarke is full of crap i don't want to waste my time lisetning to him. I don't want this to turn into the typical republican vs. democrat bickering match, but i'm sure it will anyway, lol.

Of course the White House is denying everything, which i would expect if the accusations were true or not. Polticians historically have a hard time of admiting when they made a mistake or messed up (like Clinton and the sex scandal thing....).

I think he is full of crap. He is just riding all this media coverage like one big train to political spotliteville.

I highly doubt that the Bush administration was given incredibly reputable information regarding a major attack like 9/11 and then just ignored it or did nothing.

Where was the inquiry when Clinton dropped the ball after the embassy bombing in 1998 and the USS Cole attack in 2000?

[tin foil hat]

I think he could be making a big deal out of this as part of some left wing conspiracy to try to attack the current administration any way they can. I don't mean to turn this into a political flamewar, I think that hardline Republicans would have done the same to a Democratic administration.

[/tin foil hat]

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Clarke
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:45PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
Stumbles wrote:
[tin foil hat]

I think he could be making a big deal out of this as part of some left wing conspiracy to try to attack the current administration any way they can. I don't mean to turn this into a political flamewar, I think that hardline Republicans would have done the same to a Democratic administration.

[/tin foil hat]

They did. It was called Whitewater/PaulaJones/Monica. Whitewater went on for 8 years and at the end they were still no closer to nailing Clinton then they were when they started.

I think Clarke's testimony is absolutely damning. Whether it's true or not is anybody's guess (I think it is) but anyway you slice it, it is the most direct criticism of Bush I've seen in an official arena for a long time.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Nailing?
PostPosted: Thu 03-25-2004 12:25AM 
Major

Source: TJ Hall
I think it was Bill that did all the nailing in the white house, though I hear that dogfaced witch Hillary came a close second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-25-2004 1:46AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
Clarke was reported as saying earlier that the Bush administration did good. He said that Bush put more money in terrorism defense than Clinton, developed a plan on dealing with terrorism that was finished right before sept. 11 (clinton didn't have a strategy during his entire 8 years), and some other stuff I don't remember. It was all done before sept. 11, so now clarke has changed what he said earlier for who knows what reason. he's a lying bitch.

This is Chopper Dave's made for TV Movie 'Blades Of Vengeance',See He's a Chopper Pilot By Day,But by Night he Fights Crime As a Werewolf (uht Uh) YEAH!

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-25-2004 2:21AM 

Source: Somewhere
I saw Clarke's testimony at the 9/11 hearing. It sounded like the truth to me. It made sense, about the comments he made to the reporter earlier. If you are expected to "tow the line" these are the comments you are going to give.

And you have to consider the statements in January from Paul O'Neill. All this tends to show you a pattern of Bush having his eyes towards Iraq the whole time.

post scriptum: Where are the WMD's? .... hmmm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]