Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 5:17AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: music generating programs
PostPosted: Thu 03-25-2004 12:26AM 
Brigadier General

Source: McAnerney Hall
i've been wanting to generate music for the longest time but the programs are so damn expensive. i tried seek numerous times but no luck. i've been looking at cakewalks project 5 or the simpler plasma 2003. atucally, any good generating program would do fine. my PS2 cant handle MTV's music generator that well, so i need something fot the pc. ty much.

Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-25-2004 1:31AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
You might try Fruity Loops. It's a bigtime, expensive, music-type program. Dunno if it does a lot of music generation though.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-25-2004 2:33AM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
here i thought this would be a different sort of thread! I've worked on a few projects (including a current one) for classes that generate music via neural networks, genetic algorithms, etc, so I thought you meant something more along this line...you seem to be talking about working with samples and looping, though. fruityloops is not bad for that. A while back, I used a program called Buzz, though the learning curve was steep, and I don't think they update it anymore. I've never done any more than toy around with fruityloops, but it seems really easy to set up a beat and play with it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]