Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat 04-27-2024 12:58PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 11-12-2002 8:06PM 
Sergeant

Source: Altman Hall
I\'m trying to get into NT and remember reading in a previous post that those apartments aren\'t wired for network access.. As this is the case has anyone tried using the wireless networking capacities from the campus or set something up on your own? Don\'t want to have to pay for shitty net access if it\'s possible to do something simple to get around it.

Profile E-mail  
Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-13-2002 6:54AM 

Source: Somewhere
That area isn't covered. I don't think they have plans to cover it either. I've used wireless on campus and there is no signal past McNutt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-13-2002 12:50PM 
Colonel

Source: Physics
Just go signal hunting. Take a wireless adapter and a laptop, and ride around in a car and see where you can connect. I hear there are guys down around 16th and Elm who have wireless network, as well as in several of the other apartment complexes in town. It's perfectly legal, too, as long as you're not doing anything nefarious with their connection. The only problem is, it's perfectly legal for them to do anything to block you from connecting to them, so don't bitch if you get dropped. This isn't campus network, though, I think it's either through sprint or fidelity. Still not bad.

#1 14131405 Pts, Stephen XX-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Cha killed by Pestilence on the Astral Pane (with the amulet). [143/275]

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-13-2002 1:11PM 
Sergeant

Source: Altman Hall
Cool.. Thanks.

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]