Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat 05-11-2024 4:57PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fun Halo 2 system link
PostPosted: Fri 04-22-2005 3:35AM 
Drowning

Source: TJ South
So i just got my xbox modded, and was screwing around with halo 2 maps. you know good stuff like rockets in smg, gauss in battlerifle, and tank shot in pistol. Then me and some friends wanted to see if itd still load in system link. My xbox, modded one, hosted and 2 others connected. everyone got in fine and the funny part was that my rules (edited weaps) worked on theirs, except visually it still looked as if you were shooting an smg, though if you pointed it at the ground you would die. Then we tested the other way around, I joined a game hosted by a stock xbox and this time my visuals were different, smgs looked like they shot rockets, though they really were just shooting smg rounds. very fun and suprised it worked.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 04-22-2005 7:40AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Triangle
A small group of elite hackers have infested Xbox Live Matchmaking. Using super abilities like jug. speeds, spawning scorpion tanks at will, controlling which levels, settings and locations were played in matchmaking as well as insane other hacks.

As proof it was shown that on their accounts they were able to play "Burial Grounds" with "Multi CTF" for 3 hours straight which isn't even available on the Xbox Live matchmaking playlist.

I'm not sure if I can get a link to their account, bungie is deleting all threads that are naming them, but I remember that their names/clan had the words "Bun G" in it, ussually followed by "Blows", "Sucks" and other things like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 04-22-2005 10:00AM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
Nice LostBoyz, that's pretty cool, I remember accidently leaving my Halo 1 hacks on when and then when we'd load up the map in system link...the game would be fine until somene from either team used something that was modded, then the game would either freeze or quit stating, "Xbox out of sync" or something like that.

One of the neatest mods we were hoping to use was switching the flag to the skull, that way you could sneak around a little easier with it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 04-22-2005 11:01AM 
Drowning

Source: TJ South
yea, you can add maps to the list so if everyone added the same map you could definately connect to everyone else on that map. I was suprised as hell, but it is quite funny to see.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail