Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 3:57PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Another DnD Group?
PostPosted: Tue 08-30-2005 9:19PM 
Major

Source: Kappa Delta
I hear the group of DnDers that usually post on here have a full group...but myself and a few others want to play DnD this year. Anyone else interested in starting another DnD group up? Or is there anyone else that needs more members for their group?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-05-2005 10:27PM 
Major

Source: TJ South
I am starting a D&D group(gamegirl and some people she have told know from her) but I am going on to post this publicly. So far we have 4-5 possible players(one being the possible dm). Now as for which edition that depends on the dm but it will likely be 3.5. So anyone else that wants to play come to 2 South in TJ at 1pm on Sunday the 11th. Also if we do get too many players that the dm(s) can't handle well then I will appologize before hand. Also to note I plan on playing as a Lawful Evil cleric, even if the rolls I get are bad and once I get the requirments I will turn him into a Blackguard, so you may want to keep that in mind when picking a certain class(such as a paladin) or an alignment.

EDIT: I have found out that the possible dm has only done 2nd edition games, now if everyone is fine with that then we can do it but I have no clue what to do for that edition. So if anyone else has dm experience in 3-3.5 it would be helpful if you show up or, like I said, we will likely be playing 2nd edition. Also I recently went over to Eclipse and bought a 3.5 DM Manual, so if I must I will DM but if I do you have to bear with me unless someone else feels up for the task.

Last edited by kyros the dragonir on Fri 09-09-2005 8:21PM, edited 5 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-05-2005 10:45PM 
Gun Hater

Source: TJ North
There was a user MorganGK that was looking to join a group, and ours is full. If you are looking for another player, look to him.

And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life. It can turn the entire course of your life into a blazing flame of destruction, for it is set on fire by hell itself.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-05-2005 10:52PM 
Major

Sure Tony, I will tell him he's welcome to come by this weekend and I just hope this one doesn't get too full either.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-06-2005 4:23AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
I don't play but just a headsup. Cogcon is coming September 23-35

http://www.rollanet.org/~cogcon/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-06-2005 11:33AM 
Sergeant

Source: Off Campus
Hey, i'll try to be there, weekends aren't too good for me, but i'll try my balls off to get there, thanks for the heads up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-06-2005 6:10PM 
Major

Okay this is a question about turning a cleric to a blackguard(though I know that isn't going to be anytime soon). I know at a certain level a blackguard can command undead much like an evil cleric but what if your character was a cleric already. Which command undead ablitiy do you use then, the blackguard's or the cleric's?

Last edited by kyros the dragonir on Wed 09-07-2005 5:43PM, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-07-2005 2:36AM 
Gun Hater

Its late so I'll keep this brief.
That issue most likely shouldnt come up. If you are a high enough level cleric to rebuke undead to a reasonable skill level, and have enough levels of blackguard to the same, you should be in the upper teens of character level. The best solution would be a magic item that makes the power stronger if you plan to use it that often. A wand that lets you rebuke as if you were a cleric of level equal to your combined cleric and blackguard class levels, would be such an item. However, unless you are really set on that career path, multiclassing cleric and paladin and then falling to become a blackguard is very complicated. You would have to be lawful good to take paladin levels. It might be better, especially if you want to command undead, to become a necromancer cleric. Libra Mortis, Book of Vile Darkness, and Complete Divine are good books to look at when planning this career. Losing 9th level spells is one of the real drawbacks to multiclassing. Staying on the Cleric path would be a wise choice.

\just an idea

And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life. It can turn the entire course of your life into a blazing flame of destruction, for it is set on fire by hell itself.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-11-2005 3:59PM 
Major

Alright the first game I Dmed went pretty well but I still need a few more people. Now the basic story of this game is the group is hired to help a fishing village to stop the attacks from some Sahuagins and also to find out why they are raiding the town so often. More will be told to new players next sunday.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-14-2005 10:09PM 
Sergeant

Source: Off Campus
Where and when on Sunday?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-20-2005 2:18PM 
Major

Source: CompSci Building
sorry its been a while since I posted, my account when crazy on me and I just got it reactivated. Now this upcoming sunday I will have the group meeting at tjs on the 2nd floor in the tv room. It will be at 3pm and just show up around that time and also I might be trading off dming to a new guy but he's never done 3.5 games plus he wants to meet with all the possible players so we can continue.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09-24-2005 12:53AM 
Major

Okay just another little D&D question. I was looking over some of the psionic classes and stuff and I noticed they had only like four races. Now does that mean I have to use those races speciffically or could I just use a human because the site where I get most of my D&D info is kinda vague on information like that. Also does any have an opinion on psionics compared to the usual magic user?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09-24-2005 3:16PM 
Captain

You can always use the core races and classes. So you could have a dwarf psion, and even multiclass between them. The psion classes and races are jsut additional classes and races.
As for the purpose of mixing psionics and magic, a common way is to treat psionic powers as magic. This allows for better balance in the game, so that a wizard can affect a psion and vice versa (ex. detect magic = detect psions). If you were running a campaign heavy on psions though, you could easily decree that psionic powers are different from magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09-24-2005 3:45PM 
Major

ah okay, just wondering that. Also if the campain I am running, if my cleric gets snuffed out I was going to make a psion character. From what I seen from some of the powers a psi character can use it seemed to be a much easier system cause you don't get spells per day but you can use a psi power as many times as you want, and even empowering those powers without the use of special feats, until you run out of points. So my next character will be a psion or a wizard that I will eventually turn into a dragon disciple,all depending on what happens in the campain on Sunday and later on.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-25-2005 1:09PM 
Captain

Cool. A psion is actually alot like a orceror in that they get to cast spells alot without many choices as to which spell to cast. When using the metapsionic feats, make sure you read the section explaing how the total power point cost can't be higher than your current level (or something similar to that).