Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 04-25-2024 11:08AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-25-2005 1:30PM 
Major

Source: TJ South
Yea I read that up this weekend on that part of empowering psi powers( also for those looking for a good online D&D source this is the site I mentioned http://www.d20srd.org/ ). Also it seems that a psion is not just one class but more like 6 if I recall correctly cause of what disipline you have to pick at level one.

Also since it appears that Sundays are no good(no one showed up today) so the meetings will be on Saturday. Just post what times will be good for you and I will make the final call since one of the players can only be there til 9pm.

Last edited by kyros the dragonir on Fri 10-07-2005 10:42AM, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-25-2005 5:09PM 
Captain

Source: TJ North
Well, if you are playing 3e, then the different psion "classes" actually mean something (different attributes effect bonus points & DC). In 3.5, all psions use CHA so the psion "classes" only effect what your bonus powers are (similar to specialization).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-28-2005 3:00PM 
Major

Okay, I have decided there will be no meeting with weekend. Either I will be busy with my calc hw or going out of town.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-28-2005 5:23PM 
Sergeant

Source: Off Campus
you should try a monday or wednesday night. From my experience, tuesdays and thursdays are typically easier days, therefore less homework the night before. Besides, there are a lot fewer parties to schedule around. What'dya think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-01-2005 9:04PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
Mondays and Wednesdays are no dice. On mondayss one of the players can't meet, plus that's when one of my shows are on, and on wednsday night I have well I got a whole pile of stuff to do with Chem Lab and Calc Lab, so it has to be Saturday. Also for those that have checked out the link I posted above you can see the variants of the core classes and other related topics. What I am thinking is scraping the current campain and basically starting from the beginning (or new depending on when I finally meet the dm) and players can use the variants on classes, such as having a wizard with a skeltal minion instead of a familiar or being a Battle Sorcerer, which gives you a smaller list of spells to choose from but you get no arcane spell failure in light armor.

Also instead of it being straight 3.5 it's going to be more of a mix of 3 and 3.5 so the players have more access to feats and better classes like if someone wanted to be a weapon master, a geomancer, and so on and so fourth. But that's if the DM will be me and then I will have to give up being a player(which I really don't want to do) but we will have to wait and see.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-02-2005 12:45AM 
Captain

That Battle Sorceror sounds somewhat like the War Mage from Complete Arcane. If you were looking for variant core classes, each of the "Complete" books (Arcane, Adventurer, Divine, Warrior) have official alternate core classes that you can choose from. Those books are also the 3.5 ed books of the old Tome & Blood, Masters of the Wild, etc.
So you might want to check them out :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-02-2005 4:38PM 
Major

Okay I finally have a time for the group to meet. The time is going to be 6-8pm at TJ2S in the TV room on tuesdays. I will give you the storyline for the campain then. Also I am going to allow variants on classes and gestalt classes but remember that if you do choose to use those classes it means your first battles are going to be against some tougher beasts because a gestalt character has more skills and ablities than a normal one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 10-05-2005 7:05PM 
Major

I now this is just a bump but gotta make sure people can see the new meeting time.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-06-2005 4:04PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Triangle
I should be there with one other friend. I've been wanting to try out DnD tabletop for a long time.

BTW - have a good weekend

*first post in a year... w00t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10-07-2005 10:38AM 
Major

okay so that makes about 7 people, three may not come or maybe even more. I just hope we get a fair sized group this time around.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-09-2005 4:31PM 
Brigadier General

Me and my friend would like to start making characters and learning the basics, anyone intrested in tutoring?

http://www.aperturescience.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-09-2005 4:38PM 
Major

well feel free to come to the meeting, we likely won't get a lot done on the first day but maybe the character building. I have the player's handbook and it's also on seek so I would be glad to help you and your friend and you can join in the campain. Also as it appears we could have a large group maybe we sould all meet in the south lounge.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-09-2005 6:48PM 
Captain

The single most important thing in learning to play is:

Read the Player's Handbook

And not just the race/class section, look up the adventuring and combat parts also, so that when you want to do something, you don't need to spend 15 minutes looking up how to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-11-2005 6:38PM 
Major

Okay no one but one guy showed up. For now on the meeting will be in the TV Lounge on 2 South. Also the next meeting isn't going to be happening until the 25th.

So far these are the classes that are being used
1 Druid

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-13-2005 8:43PM 
Brigadier General

kyros the dragonir wrote:
Okay no one but one guy showed up. For now on the meeting will be in the TV Lounge on 2 South. Also the next meeting isn't going to be happening until the 25th.

So far these are the classes that are being used
1 Druid

What time, also count 1 n00b monk

http://www.aperturescience.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next