Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 04-19-2024 10:38AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Call of Duty 2 Clan?
PostPosted: Fri 10-14-2005 7:52PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Holtman Hall
Is anybody interested in creating a UMR Call of Duty 2 clan? If we can get enough people, we can get a website and everything. The only thing is that we wouldn't have a server (other than the UMR server if they get one for CoD2). So sign up and we'll see if we can get something started.
Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10-14-2005 7:55PM 
Colonel

Source: TJ North
Just what the world needs: another WWII fps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10-14-2005 10:11PM 
Lieutenant

Well, first of all, CoD is the single best FPS out there. Secondly, WWII was the World's greatest war. So I ask, what's wrong with "another WWII game"? Especially since they apparently have a real knack for making a realistic game that supports pretty massive multiplayer options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 12:01AM 
Brigadier General

N2soccer21 wrote:
Well, first of all, CoD is the single best FPS out there.

is that a joke or what? i cant tell if ur stupid or funny.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 12:37AM 
Major

Source: Kelly Hall
N2soccer21 wrote:
Well, first of all, CoD is the single best FPS out there. Secondly, WWII was the World's greatest war. So I ask, what's wrong with "another WWII game"? Especially since they apparently have a real knack for making a realistic game that supports pretty massive multiplayer options.

I am quite taken to some wars from far older histories personally.. :P its all a matter of opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 9:13AM 
Lieutenant

Oh I'm sorry. Would you prefer Halo? Or maybe Unreal Tournament? Or Quake? They can't even compare to Call of Duty. Halo is way too linear. Everything is the same, slow speed; even jumping. How stupid. Unreal Tournament is well, unrealistic, but otherwise a fun run-around-and-shoot-the guy-from-point-blank game. Same thing with Quake. I've yet to really play Half Life 2, so that one may be close; I've heard only good things about it. But most of all, I'm sick of the Halo lovers. IT'S NOT THAT GOOD OF A GAME!@%&

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 9:46AM 
Major

being a major anti-xbox guy.. and a nintendo lover, i wasn't all too keen to halo, its actually a pretty good game for what its worth. but i truly prefer ut2k4, purely for its speed. no other game compares. and contrary to what you think, it has nothing to do with point blank shooting. it's not hard to land shots from far away with certain weapons. but likewise, non of the qualities in these games make COD that great, its just a matter of preferance and what people enjoy in an fps. HALO is a great game to some people, get over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 11:51AM 
Major

Source: TJ South
Come on now, Halo isn't supposed to be fast paced... After all it was set on a big ring in space, I'm sure they were thinking less than 1g when they made it (even tho it is a ring and he was apparently on the inside). For what it's worth, I think if you're talking pc fps's, I think COD is probably the best all around, and Halo pc is horrible. But, Halo is easily my favorite fps on any console.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 12:12PM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
Who gives a shit about a FPS being unrealistic? I'd rather be destroying peoples bodies with rockets than firing a wooden shotgun at people.

I'm willing to bet CSS and BF2 are just as if not more fun than CoD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 12:26PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
I enjoy Day of Defeat:Source. I think its pretty good. I played the demo for COD2 and aside from more level detail and new effects from getting hit, it didnt seem all too different than the first one. 'Course, it was only the demo too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 12:32PM 
Spanish

Quote:
Unreal Tournament is well, unrealistic, but otherwise a fun run-around-and-shoot-the guy-from-point-blank game. Same thing with Quake.

I'm sorry, have you even played those games before? I'm just asking because it sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe if you gave more proof, instead of subjective opinions then you might be able to pull your head out of your ass long enough to see that there are other better games then another WW II fps

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-15-2005 7:13PM 
Colonel

I've only played CoD singleplayer, and unless the multiplayer is way better than single, I don't see what the big deal is. It was fun, but short. As far as singleplayer, I think Halflife 1/2, Halo, and Far Cry are the best and most innovative. There are so many WWII games (BF1942, CoD, MoH, Brothers in Arms, ...) and I get kinda tired of pecking at nazis with the M1 and the tommy gun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-16-2005 12:11AM 
Major

You guys are all douchebags. The best FPS ever is Battlefield 2, and anyone who doesn't agree with me is a douchebag.

Halo/UT/Quake are are worse because they have unrealistic weapons (so they must suck, cause realish weapons don't) and WWII sucks because it has Nazis, which I'm pretty sure were douchy-McDouchkinny as they could be. All the other games suck for unspecified reasons.

Stupid douchebags.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-16-2005 12:19AM 
Spanish

Source: VPN
You tell 'em Staats!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-16-2005 12:43AM 
Major

Staats wrote:
You guys are all douchebags. The best FPS ever is Battlefield 2, and anyone who doesn't agree with me is a douchebag.

Halo/UT/Quake are are worse because they have unrealistic weapons (so they must suck, cause realish weapons don't) and WWII sucks because it has Nazis, which I'm pretty sure were douchy-McDouchkinny as they could be. All the other games suck for unspecified reasons.

Stupid douchebags.

You pwned us. roflcopter.