It is currently Fri 04-19-2024 7:20PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02-10-2006 5:49PM 
Major

Source: RC I
cmptrnrd16 wrote:
karl wrote:
The miner flag thing would be coo, maybe I'll work on that, or someone else can if they want... @kjk437: just play it and you'll find out, lol, trust me (us), its good.

Personally I hate the game. At first I thought the game would involve some shred of racing skill, but I was sadly disapointed by all the people who simply try to find a shortcut that is generally only accomplished less than 5% of the time to win. Half-pipes and loops belong in a Tony Hawk game not racing.

Just my two cents, I am sure some will disagree, but I hate this game.

You obviously haven't played a) any of the real maps or b) any decent custom maps. All of these require you to run through checkpoints throughout the course. And this game isn't a simulation racing game, it's arcade style. I think it's one of the most addicitign games I've played in a long while since I can boot it up and start racing in just a minute or so. It also is the closest I've seen a game come to the old S.F. Rush games w/ all the crazy tracks and jumps. Overall goodness. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02-10-2006 6:58PM 
Colonel

Source: TJ North
Yes, there are many crappy tracks and many VERY good tracks out there. The shortcuts that are possible (not the shortcuts that cut out large pieces of the track, those are bad tracks) are usually put there on purpose to challenge racers. In my opinion, this game takes a pretty hefty amount of skill, you could be off in a turn by just a few degrees and ruin the lap you are running, or you may have to take a wide corner in order to be at speed for a following ramp. A server called "The Great Milenko" has some of the best tracks I have ever seen, and they are all custom. I've actually found that the tracks made by Nadeo (especially the I-series, and except a few in the pro-series) are very very bad, and generally only about 3 out of 30 players even complete one lap. Look around for a server, you may find a variety you like (after all, there are limitless possibilites). Hell, you could make your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 02-11-2006 12:22PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Wilson Library
I'm MCaN, put in a few hours of play, its a fun game.