Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 2:48AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 1:07AM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
Well, there you have it. Nov. 19 at $249. The big N said no games are going to be over $50. NES games on the virtual console will go for $5, SNES for $8, and N64 for $10. Console will not have DVD playback like previously announced. New web system looks intriguing. Includes a relatively normal web browser along with the other online features. Console will be shipped with the system, 1 remote and 1 nunchuck, and a disc of 5 sports games. Kind of nice to have software with the system. The web browser will be free until 2007, but then Nintendo plans to have consumers use their Nintendo points to continue the service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 5:19AM 
Lieutenant

Source: Off Campus
when do you think the stores will get the first floor demos? The same time as the console is for sale?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 8:13AM 
Brigadier General

Playstation 3 Launch: November 17th 500,000 units world wide (US/Japan)

Wii Launch: November 19th 4,000,000 units world wide (US/Japan/Europe/AU)

Plus Nintendo isn't losing a dime for each console sold. Sony is losing something around 400-500 per console , MS is around 300-400 and Nintendo is actually making money. This hasn't happened in the gaming industry in ALONG TIME... people can't even speculate when that was or what console.

Those Emulater prices may be wrong, I havn't read a US $ price tag yet for them, but converting the Yen takes the prices to NES-$4.25, SNES-$6.38, N64-$8.50 which is really a good deal. I'm only wondering how you can play a N64 game with the new controller which I think doesn't have enough buttons. Either way, Mario 3 for 4-5 bucks is worth it to alot of people.

I'm definitely getting a Wii, I hardly play games very often anymore and this actually looks FUN! Especially that tennis game that they showed at E3. There's been several reviews though by game sites that have said that the sports games bundle it comes with is horrible and is nothing more then fluffer... (hoping that doesn't include tennis)

If you havn't heard, there won't be a 360 price drop this Xmas, instead there's doing something like bundling GRAW (ghost recon) and a few Xbox Live Platinum hits in with the Premium which is actually a pretty good deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 8:22AM 
Colonel

Source: VPN
Please call it the Revolution. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 8:29AM 
Brigadier General

If you guys want to get it... no tax, free ground shipping (overnight 13 bucks)

Wii Pre-order: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/sho ... p?t=108075

If you go through his site he'll get 5% back from Amazon and he's a good/honest guy.
They also won't bill your debt card until it's shipped:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 9:41AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: TJ North
ElPupitre wrote:
Please call it the Revolution. :)

thats what i keep saying!!!

can't wait for this console.as to the 360 and POS3 -> when i want uber crazy high definition games with amazing textures, graphics, physics, HDR, etc... ill play them on my PC for free (yay pirating!)

if i want a fun console thats easy and fun to play, and has backwards compatability with all my favorite games -> ill get a Wii!

oh and i have to post this though i suspect (know) it already has been posted

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ljZOHnZNaBc&mode=related&search=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 11:38AM 
Major General

Worseley wrote:
If you guys want to get it... no tax, free ground shipping (overnight 13 bucks)

Wii Pre-order: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/sho ... p?t=108075

If you go through his site he'll get 5% back from Amazon and he's a good/honest guy.
They also won't bill your debt card until it's shipped:)

Amazon is already out... Damn.

Here's the link to the Wii Virtual Console prices:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157575.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 12:24PM 
Major

Source: TJ South
kjk437 wrote:
Amazon is already out... Damn.

Is there anywhere close to Rolla I can go and pick one up on the first day or am I going to have to take a pilgrimage to STL?

(And don't say Walmart, they'll probably get about 3 Wiis.)

EDIT: How about an online place that won't dick me over like Gamestop online did awhile ago and not ship mine until a month after release. (And had to pay full-price up front.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 12:28PM 
Major General

rofish wrote:
Is there anywhere close to Rolla I can go and pick one up on the first day or am I going to have to take a pilgrimage to STL?

(And don't say Walmart, they'll probably get about 3 Wiis.)

EDIT: How about an online place that won't dick me over like Gamestop online did awhile ago and not ship mine until a month after release. (And had to pay full-price up front.)

Around here? I don't know. I'll be back in STL that whole week anyway, so it really won't matter. I'll probably try EB games or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 1:04PM 
Brigadier General

The 360 had 1.2 million consoles on launch and our walmart had about 50-60 units. The Wii will have 2 million in the US so I expect Walmart should get around 75 at least.

Show up at Wally World at 7pm and wait in line and I'd say your good to go.

The Amazon deal was great because it wasn't a bundle and it's cheaper even after overnight shipping.

Sam Goody(Now called FYE) will get some but they're about worthless for console launches. I have 2 PS3's pre-ordered there and they told me not to expect to get them on launch even though I'm #5 and #6 on the list, that's sad... very sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 1:28PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: TJ North
kjk437 wrote:
I'll probably try EB games or something.

For the 360s EB and Gamestop were filling orders FIRST on customers who whad purchased their warranties and special extras eg controllers, games, basically the accesories they made money on. Even if you were #1 - if #2-31 had better stuff on the ticket than you and they only had 30 units - you got skipped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 1:43PM 
Brigadier General

I'm starting to wonder if those guys would keep part of the shipment and sell on ebay for themselves? It wouldn't be very hard to get every employee in on it if They could all make some easy cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-15-2006 2:29PM 
Major General

amd2800barton wrote:
kjk437 wrote:
I'll probably try EB games or something.

For the 360s EB and Gamestop were filling orders FIRST on customers who whad purchased their warranties and special extras eg controllers, games, basically the accesories they made money on. Even if you were #1 - if #2-31 had better stuff on the ticket than you and they only had 30 units - you got skipped.

I don't think that's true. I was #2 at my local Gamestop, and ordered nothing but the system. My friend who tried to pre-order there next week (and he went all out with extra accessories and games) didn't make it on the first or second shipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09-21-2006 11:34PM 
Captain

Yeah I really want one of these the first day. I contacted EB about preordering but they haven't started the process yet. I also have to check to see if they can ship it. Walmart may be unpredictable. Just showing up there on launch day I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09-21-2006 11:48PM 
Major General

Well, I'm getting mine for free (yes, through one of those referral sites, and no I won't post the link, because I think that's a direct infraction of the forum's rules [but if anyone wants to get in on it, pm me]).

The more and more news that comes out about it makes me want it more and more. Some real A+++ games heading its way.