Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 11-15-2019 6:23AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: PS3
PostPosted: Fri 11-10-2006 2:05PM 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08-20-2004 1:37PM
Posts: 135
Location: APT 14, 2020 Furom Dr

Source: Fidelity
just wondering, does anyone plan on trying to get a PS3 at release? I know i would like one, but $600.........

_________________
"I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself."


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-10-2006 2:58PM 
Offline
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09-10-2002 2:14PM
Posts: 1566
Location: OMFG ROFL

Source: Fidelity
I'm getting 1 for the Bray movies. It's preordered at FYE in town. Just the core 500 model.

With HDMI on the core, and a wireless controller it's nothing more then $100 more for 40more gigs, card reader and Wireless card inside. Not worth it when the PS3 streams videos/music from a computer.

Although I did hear that Ridge Racer 7 forces you to install 5gb onto the HD to play the game. So if all games are like that then 20gb won't cut it at all.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-10-2006 3:11PM 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08-20-2004 1:37PM
Posts: 135
Location: APT 14, 2020 Furom Dr

Source: Fidelity
well ffxi on ps2 with expansions was in the range of 10gb, i think.

_________________
"I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself."


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-10-2006 3:17PM 
Offline
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09-10-2002 2:14PM
Posts: 1566
Location: OMFG ROFL

Source: Fidelity
yeah, but this isn't a MMORPG. It's a racing game.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-10-2006 3:46PM 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08-20-2004 1:37PM
Posts: 135
Location: APT 14, 2020 Furom Dr

Source: Fidelity
good point!

_________________
"I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself."


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-10-2006 5:40PM 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09-05-2005 9:23PM
Posts: 2128

Source: Off Campus
Worseley wrote:
yeah, but this isn't a MMORPG. It's a racing game.


And it's Ridge Racer. Do you really care?

Anyway, I'd like to pick one up eventually, but I can't do the $500 right now. Sucks to be poor.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-10-2006 6:37PM 
Offline
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09-10-2002 2:14PM
Posts: 1566
Location: OMFG ROFL

Source: Fidelity
I could care less about RR7. What bothers me is that I keep hearing that the PS3 load times are longer then any game console out so far. That they have to put 5gb onto a HD to play 720p because the BlueRay can't read fast enough.

That's what bothers me! Why does Sony need to put 5gb on the HD?


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-10-2006 6:45PM 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09-05-2005 9:23PM
Posts: 2128

Source: VPN
Worseley wrote:
I could care less about RR7. What bothers me is that I keep hearing that the PS3 load times are longer then any game console out so far. That they have to put 5gb onto a HD to play 720p because the BlueRay can't read fast enough.

That's what bothers me! Why does Sony need to put 5gb on the HD?


Because unfortunately, they're pushing BluRay no matter what. I wish companies would more start worrying about games and features (i.e. Nintendo and Microsoft) and less about pushing a new format (Sony).


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-15-2006 12:18PM 
Offline
Colonel

Joined: Wed 08-20-2003 9:47AM
Posts: 570

Source: Off Campus
I called Walmart, they're getting 12 units. Unfortunately, there are already 12 losers waiting in line. :(

It would seem the losers are the winners this time around. :?


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-16-2006 2:18AM 
Offline
bertowned
bertowned
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-20-2006 4:26PM
Posts: 2118

Source: TJ North
PS3 sucks. i know one of those losers too :o . hes hoping to sell it on ebay for a profit of several thousand dollars. i suspect he makes 100 after splitting profits with the guy he is switching off a spot in line with.

bottom line:

PS3 is gay.

_________________
BigPeeOn wrote:
Here's the deal: chemistry is the devil.
Anything beyond balancing an chemical equation is black magic.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-16-2006 4:51AM 
Offline
Drowning
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-15-2004 9:36PM
Posts: 4952
Location: ~~~~\o/~~~~~

Source: Fidelity
eh if it wasnt for work and school(quizes) i would be there, system $600(+tax) selling for about $2k waiting 24hrs in line is like $50/hr

not too shabby especially when you can use profits to buy a wii

_________________
Rolla survivor

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net


Top
 Profile E-mail  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-16-2006 2:03PM 
Offline
I gotta have more cowbell
User avatar

Joined: Mon 08-25-2003 8:07PM
Posts: 308
Location: 1603 N. Walnut

Source: Off Campus
LostBoyz wrote:
eh if it wasnt for work and school(quizes) i would be there, system $600(+tax) selling for about $2k waiting 24hrs in line is like $50/hr

not too shabby especially when you can use profits to buy a wii


Or wait until January and February, and buy another ps3 for much much less.

_________________
Trick or Treat on Highway 44 dressed as a deer.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-16-2006 2:33PM 
Offline
Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09-16-2003 7:23AM
Posts: 423
Location: Rolla

Source: Fidelity
Bummy wrote:
LostBoyz wrote:
eh if it wasnt for work and school(quizes) i would be there, system $600(+tax) selling for about $2k waiting 24hrs in line is like $50/hr

not too shabby especially when you can use profits to buy a wii


Or wait until January and February, and buy another ps3 for much much less.

It won't sell for nearly as much then.

Man I went down today at noon all ready to wait 12 hours to get one to sell on ebay, only to see people waiting outside in the freezing cold wrapped in sleeping bags.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-16-2006 3:12PM 
Offline
bertowned
bertowned
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-20-2006 4:26PM
Posts: 2118

Source: TJ North
thats what every body is doing though, buying one to sell on ebay. very few people i have heard of are actually buying it for themselves. while the supply of PS3s may be very low, the demand just isn't there for people to resell them at anything more than a grand methinks. most likely those people will barely make any profit.

_________________
BigPeeOn wrote:
Here's the deal: chemistry is the devil.
Anything beyond balancing an chemical equation is black magic.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-16-2006 3:21PM 
Offline
Colonel

Joined: Wed 08-20-2003 9:47AM
Posts: 570

Source: Off Campus
amd2800barton wrote:
thats what every body is doing though, buying one to sell on ebay. very few people i have heard of are actually buying it for themselves. while the supply of PS3s may be very low, the demand just isn't there for people to resell them at anything more than a grand methinks. most likely those people will barely make any profit.


They're going for upwards of 2k on ebay right now. In fact, I think the least I saw just skimming through was $1500, with time left to bid. For a $600 console, I'd say that's a nice little profit. I was one of the few people planning on buying one for myself, alas I didn't know there was anywhere to actually preorder here in Rolla, and I unfortunately have more important things to do than sit at walmart for 3 days. :cry:

I'm going to "camp" online tonight, as there are still places planning to do online sales tonight, but if I don't get one, eh well... I'll just let the kinks get worked out of the system, and wait for a price drop.


Top
 Profile  
    
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group