Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 5:30AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 11-28-2006 8:03PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
I recommend the gamecube controller for N64 games. I've been playing Mario 64 and it works really well with it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 12:54AM 
Captain

Source: Fidelity
Worseley wrote:
I had to buck up and buy the strategy guide for Zelda. After spending an hour and a half in one dungeon trying to figure things out I couldn't go any longer without one.

Awww, you don't need the guide. The answer is always there, you just gotta take a min to stop and take it all in.

Where are you in the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 10:31AM 
Brigadier General

I mostly bought it to find all the small hidden stuff. There isn't a site online that has anything to look at. Right now I'm almost done with the waterbed temple, I wasn't having any problems with it or anything but it does get very boring trying to run through the games story and always gettign stuck in temples that made you run back and forth solving riddles.

I havn't used the guide at all so far. I've been mostly reading the new Halo book, which so far is pretty damn good.

Its kind of funny though how I have the guide but I won't go past the chapters that I've done already. While I rather use a guide to solve some stupid riddle or more likely finding out where I'm supposed to head next in the dungeon then I am worried about seeing to much of the spoilers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 3:00PM 
Captain

Source: McNutt Hall
Yeah I'm past the lake temple. But you get some pretty cool stuff within the next like 5 hours in the game from there. The place I'm at, I'm not sure if it qualifies as a dungeon or not, I'm just at the end of it, so if theres a boss, then I guess it is one. According to Nintendo theres 9 major dungeons, so this is like the fourth one I'm on, in the desert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-30-2006 1:29PM 
Captain

Source: TJ North
Wow, I got my Wii Sunday, and the batteries in one of my controllers has already died. I'm disappointed in its lifespan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-30-2006 3:45PM 
Brigadier General

Really? I've only replaced mine once so far. I'd say they're lasting an easy 40-50 hours on 2 AA batteries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 12-03-2006 8:35PM 
Brigadier General

Zelda TP was such a let down. I just finished the entire thing and I really thought there would be more to it. Compared to Ocarnia of Time this one only has like half the mini games and almost all of them are not even fun and you'll only play once.

No fishing for points/prizes, no target shooting with a bow/slingshot, no bombchu game and no special side quest remotely as fun as racing the mailman, all the timed item running to get a Bigoran Broad sword or anything remotely like a horse race.

WOW, They really rushed this out or they totally have no clue what made Zelda fun for replay value. When I saw that they make you find 5 heart pieces instead of OoT 4 I thought that they'd use that as a way to get more mini games or puzzles in the game. Instead they just make you do something tedious like getting to a hidden ledge using new items.

I remember spending alot of time fishing in OoT but I don't see the point in it here. All you get is a number put in your record book, no prizes???

I even went through all the trouble to get the Magic armour which costs 3,000 rupees and I didn't even use it... Not even on the final boss!!! I remember actually having a hard time beating Ganon in OoT but the final boss in TP is WEAK!!! I beat all 4-6 rounds/versions of him without even using a single potion and I still had 7 hearts after I finished him.

I sure hope they fix this in the next one. All this really is looking back at it is a unfulfilled version of OoT2. I really don't even know why they left things out. Something as simple as horse racing is already there as far as the game goes but they didn't add it.

It's a great game but I'd say replay value is about a 5/10 for me. I'd say over 90% of the game was spent in the dungeons, and only 10% was left for mini-games, item quest and special abilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 12:43AM 
bertowned
bertowned

hmmm.... some of the things you're calling tedious now are the interesting part IMO, and fishing for hours in a video game is freakishly boring. I watched a friend spend hours doing the same darn target practice over and over just to get 30 more points to 1000 to get whatever the stupid prize was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 11:09AM 
Brigadier General

It's not that I don't like finding those hidden ledges in areas it that it's nearly the only way you get heart pieces.

Where is the timed quests at? Besides the 2 goran spring water sidequest I can't recall a single other one like it plus those were so easy, maybe took me 2 minutes to walk the distance on those. I was never very big on the fishing but there was a carrot at the end of the stick, rupees/lures/hearts for doing all the work. That's why I hate the fishing in TP, they made it entirely for pleasure. No rewards, no items for fishing but they then they put a stupid ball tilt game in the shack for a heart???? WHY? Why not put it in for fishing instead?

I don't know, it's just that some of the dungeons give you to many pieces. Not to spoil anything but there are 2 heart pieces very easy to get in the twilight realm. They're so easy to get once you get the first 2 small sections finished and you get them through the exact same way. That's what I don't understand. Why do they put multiple hearts in a dungeon and make you do identical simple ways to find them?

All i know is that after beating the game, getting the magic armor, 24 bugs, 40+ poes, 4 bottles, 7 abilities, 3 bomb bags, both upgrades for quiver and bombs that there isn't much left in it for me.

All I have now is a few hearts, a dozen hidden poes and I've collected everything in the game and I'm still under 50 hours on my gamesave.

That's why I'm having a hard time with the replay value. Hell, I was really rushing through the game thinking I was going to get that 2-handed broadsword only to be disappointed. Even the magic armor is sad, it gobbles up like 10 rupees a second so even with a full 1000 rupee wallet it will last under 2 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 12:16PM 
Brigadier General

Source: VPN
Worseley wrote:
Really? I've only replaced mine once so far. I'd say they're lasting an easy 40-50 hours on 2 AA batteries.

Sunday-Thursday is 4 days
At 12 hours a day for 4 days it comes out to 48 hours, so that's about right.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 4:53PM 
Captain

I was just saying that battery replace will become rather expensive if they keep running out at this rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 5:20PM 
Brigadier General

Cocky Wizard wrote:
I was just saying that battery replace will become rather expensive if they keep running out at this rate.

I don't know, I can get 100pk of AA batteries off the internet for 15 bucks, 9 bucks when they have a great sale.

Compared to the 360 and PS3 teh battery life on these is really, really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 7:05PM 
Brigadier General

Cocky Wizard wrote:

Don't worry, I'd play 12 hours per day if I had a brand spankin new gadget too, so I don't blame you. I find it odd that the controllers only take batteries. I guess buying bulk or rechargeable is the way to go. I'm thinking that not having an optional power cord might be bad to those who are really into long hauls.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-05-2006 4:09PM 
Captain

Worseley wrote:
Zelda TP was such a let down. I just finished the entire thing and I really thought there would be more to it.

That's what happens when you buy the strategy guide. I just got finished with the city in the sky, and I'm loving it.

If you know where everything is, and how to get everything, and how to beat every dungeon because of a book. Then whats the point of even playing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-05-2006 4:24PM 
Brigadier General

I actually wish I didn't even buy it. I only used it to look for the half a dozen heart pieces and find out how to get the Magic armor. It was probably the biggest waste of money for me all month.

I broke it out once to figure out how to get past a part in the Snow mountain after that I only took it out to get a few things for when i fought the final boss like the hearts which apparently i didn't even need the hearts or the magic armor

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next