Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 9:26AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-05-2006 4:29PM 
Captain

Source: Fidelity
I mean, I think it's a great game. I love it. I also think it would be kinda pointless to make more Zelda games after this. Since they're essentially the same thing each time. Really, out of all the Zelda games, I only think of Link to the past, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. The other ones were sort of so so. I may not play through it a second time, but I'm really glad I bought it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-05-2006 4:42PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
As you know it's the only reason I even bought a Wii on launch. Don't get me wrong it's a great game but I'm starting to agree with game reviewers that it's definitely just a high 8/10. It's not very original and that's what kills it in my eyes. I'm glad Nintendo is going back towards the OoT zelda and away from the cartoon ones.

Really, a good example is look at Oblivion for the 360. There are a thousand different things to do in that game after you beat it. So many side quests, so many puzzles to find. Which makes oblivion feel far more like a MMORPG then a RPG. That's what Zelda needs to get a taste of, a larger feel of a MMORPG instead of a nearly identical storyline/dungeon/race setup as Ocarnia of Time.

If they kept things in it like the Sumo wrestling, horse racing, clock races and other things as mini games then it could definitely hold more replay value. I'm not talking about getting replay value over finding a few hearts and poes I'm talking about something to do after that. Once you have everything collected 100% then there's nothing to do. The only mini-game you can even play after you beat the game is target shooting on the canoe and dragon. Stars is worthless as a game, gliding with a chicken fruitless and fishing isn't very fruitful after you get the sinking lure.