Xbox 360 30%  30%  [ 30 ]
Wii 55%  55%  [ 54 ]
Total votes : 98
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-13-2007 12:49PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
kjk437 wrote:
And by foolin' around, we mean not settling with Immersion.

Actually they did settle with Immersion for 80 Million, MS owns 10% of the company after they settled a couple years ago, so they get 8 million from Sony. The funny thing is that MS settled with Immersion for 8 million 2 years ago.

Since Sony now has rights to rumble technology, I wouldn't doubt if they launch a new Six Axis w/ rumble

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-13-2007 1:08PM 
Colonel

Worseley wrote:
zerf25 wrote:
I own a Wii and an XBox 360 and if I could only get one I would probably pick the PS3. PS3 has the motion sensing of the Wii and they are getting Miis with theit PlayStation Home. The PS3 also has the advanced graphis and processing power it take to really offer a great sim experience. The PS3 just has the greatest potential. AND it seems as if Blue-Ray is winning for the time being.

lol, yeah but when are they going to create something of their own? (motion sensing? Mii?)

What's next? They'll throw rumble back in and screw all the dedicated fans who bought early.

it's not always about inventing new technology. putting it all together for a new experience is often more important. Nintendo has something going with the Wiimote, but graphics are important with games so making everything come together is crucial.

But you are right, Sony sure has been taking its sweet time rolling things out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-13-2007 3:18PM 
Major General

Worseley wrote:
kjk437 wrote:
And by foolin' around, we mean not settling with Immersion.

Actually they did settle with Immersion for 80 Million, MS owns 10% of the company after they settled a couple years ago, so they get 8 million from Sony. The funny thing is that MS settled with Immersion for 8 million 2 years ago.

Since Sony now has rights to rumble technology, I wouldn't doubt if they launch a new Six Axis w/ rumble

Yeah, I knew they settled, it had just been a really unnecessarily long ordeal that they drug out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-04-2007 1:12PM 
Captain

How exactly is sony screwing us (ps3 owners) with releasing a newer controller with rumble?

*Vision of Elite 360 comes to mind*

Yeah. Which console owners are really get a once over? HDMI, smaller die, bigger HD, and only iteration able to run IPTV when it hits the market. Sound like MS is up to what THEY do best.

So I have to buy another 50 dollar controller, big deal, I never missed the rumble anyway. Sure beats having to buy a brand new 500 dollar system or pay out the ass for an overpriced, undersized proprietary HDD. I like the fact that I could go on newegg right now and order a bigger one if I so wished and install Linux YD on it.

Yep. Im gettin screwed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-04-2007 1:35PM 
Drowning

neba wrote:
How exactly is sony screwing us (ps3 owners) with releasing a newer controller with rumble?

*Vision of Elite 360 comes to mind*

Yeah. Which console owners are really get a once over? HDMI, smaller die, bigger HD, and only iteration able to run IPTV when it hits the market. Sound like MS is up to what THEY do best.

So I have to buy another 50 dollar controller, big deal, I never missed the rumble anyway. Sure beats having to buy a brand new 500 dollar system or pay out the ass for an overpriced, undersized proprietary HDD. I like the fact that I could go on newegg right now and order a bigger one if I so wished and install Linux YD on it.

Yep. Im gettin screwed.

wow nice, good job getting the actual low down. It has HDMI and bigger HD. no smaller die. The IPTV claim is bogus.

my 360 outputs 1080p, my case is black, and my harddrive isnt full. So tell me how they are screwing me.

once the 120gb drive comes out you will be able to make (format) your own via scene tools already out.

[fanboy]how many non-inhouse exclusives does ps3 still have left?[/fanboy]

EDIT:

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-04-2007 3:59PM 
Captain

Well its reported to run cooler, so one would assume its 65nm. Ur an idiot, urs does not output 1080p not possible through current 360. It may say it, but its lying to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-04-2007 5:16PM 
Brigadier General

neba wrote:
Well its reported to run cooler, so one would assume its 65nm. Ur an idiot, urs does not output 1080p not possible through current 360. It may say it, but its lying to you.

it does 1080P but only with VGA and future HDMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-04-2007 10:11PM 
Drowning

vga was the first to be patched to output 1080p, but it can also be achieved through component now. Sure the games are not natively 1080p, but it will upscale. If you don't own one don't make claims. I haven't made any about the ps3s physical system because I don't own one. I respect its power, but sony dropped the ball hard. One of the worst launches I can think of in a long time.

It may run quieter but all have said it will not include the 65nm die, and its something they wouldnt lie about.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04-05-2007 4:05PM 
Captain

I only own the ps3, but between my other 2 roomates and myself we have all 3 and they are all in the main room for anyone to use. So, yes, I am very familiar with the 360, wii, and ps3.

And funny how it was the worst launch you can remember, because it did better in BOTH markets than your fabled 360.

Whatever it is, all 3 are pretty sweet systems. Ive had good and bad experiences with all the systems, just some more than the others. The consoles play games, I play games, and competition is good.

I was just commenting on the absurdity of sony screwing ps3 owners, when MS is doin this BS with the "Elite" version tryin to keep up with the jones'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04-05-2007 4:24PM 
Brigadier General

The elite is dumb and i don't like MS at all for pulling it but how can u say the PS3 release went better?

They sold less units, they were easier to find before Xmas and they had less games and more problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04-05-2007 8:55PM 
Drowning

again excuse the comment for fanboyishness. I have nothing against sony. I had and loved my ps2, tons of great games.

But the next holiday season ps3 will have FFxiii and folding@home as its top two games. How can you not say it is a disgrace that sony lost nearly every one of their exclusive titles. They made too many promises and broke a lot of them that turned away many loyal customers (myself included)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 04-06-2007 11:41AM 
Captain

You gotta be kidding. I mean Army of Two, Assasins creed, MGS4, GTA4, and others. Plus home will be out by then ( Not sure if thats what you meant by folding@home). It will have an amazing lineup for this xmas.

Worseley, I couldnt find the link before I had to leave for class, but you can try looking it up for yourself. Number wise, the ps3 had a far superior launch than the 360 when it launched. Anywho, Im officially tired of arguing this. Have fun with whatever console you want, Ill just be happy with our amazing trifecta of next-gen and wii systems. Peace.

Capn'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 04-06-2007 12:13PM 
Brigadier General

neba wrote:
You gotta be kidding. I mean Army of Two, Assasins creed, MGS4, GTA4, and others. Plus home will be out by then ( Not sure if thats what you meant by folding@home). It will have an amazing lineup for this xmas.

Capn'

I think that's what Lostboyz means by lost exclusives... all those games are now on the 360.

If you want to compare numbers, look at them up til now. I don't know what u mean by more sold on launch? The PS3 only had 250k on launch day, where the Wii had Under a Million, and the 360 sold 550k in their first week.

The PS3 did awesome on getting more out there faster, way better then the 360 but Look at the numbers for the first 6 months. The PS3 is LAGGING way behind the 360 at this point in April.

Even right now, the PS3 is selling roughly 128k last month, the 360 is selling 250k and the Wii is selling 400+k for March.

Look at Europe too! The PS3 sales in the UK fell 83% between last week and this week. They're calling it a HUGE FLOP there and they're sitting on shelves but I could be wrong, they say it sold the most the quickest. I have friends who I talk to on a Daily basis in the UK and they've told me that it's ridiculous (AND THE OWN A PS3). High prices (higher then ours) few great games and most believe that the price will drop because it's to expensive for most people there, even with great jobs.

We both understand that we're not going to change each others opinions on this and I'm not really trying. I just wanted to point a few things out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 04-08-2007 4:53PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
Xbox 360, easy.

The wii is really fun at first but the only game i found to be fun on it is wii sports and I'm not paying $250 for wii sports. (i love the new zelda but I can play it on the gamecube i already own)

The 360 just has the best game lineup right now with Gears of War, Dead rising, MLB 2k7, Guitar Hero II, Forza 2(coming soon) and so on. Also with Halo 3 and GTA IV coming out around november, the other systems don't have a chance to match the 360 library by this christmas.

The PS3 doesn't have a single game that interests me except the sports games like a Madden, NCAA, or MLB and i can play those on the xbox 360 , which is cheaper and with nearlly identical graphics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04-10-2007 5:33AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: TJ North
i take it upon myself to settle this debate