Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 04-19-2024 1:52AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Racing Sim
PostPosted: Tue 04-10-2007 11:33AM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
I asked about this 7 or so months ago, sorry to bring it up again, but I'm trying to find people who like to play GTR2 (or any game in series, GTR, GT Legends, GTR2). I only know of 2 other people who like to play, and a race weekend would be much more fun with a few more (even just 5 or 6).

If you're a fan of Forza or the GT series and are looking for more of a challenge, grab a copy of GTR2 (I think its $20 now, PC). You'll at least need a controller with analog triggers (i.e. 360). Even if you're new to GTR2, there's a very exhaustive training mode as well as three different skill levels.

This weekend a couple friends and I are going to a race weekend in the M3 challenge series, hopefully we can get more people to join (We never use up a full race weekend... its usually about 30 minutes of practice, and 30 minutes of racing... a full weekend, which I've only done once online, is 2x90min practice, 1x90 min qualifying, and a 3 hour race)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04-10-2007 12:04PM 
Major General

Source: RC I
Looks cool, I'd try it out if I had more free time..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04-10-2007 12:24PM 
Colonel

blitzvergnugen wrote:
Looks cool, I'd try it out if I had more free time..

That is the unfortunate bit about this game... many hours need to be devoted to practice turns away most peopl; its worth it, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04-10-2007 12:28PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ North
It is a good game, but you are right, without pedals or at least an anolog controller, it is really difficult to play unless you have on all the possible assists.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04-10-2007 12:32PM 
Colonel

cmptrnrd16 wrote:
It is a good game, but you are right, without pedals or at least an anolog controller, it is really difficult to play unless you have on all the possible assists.

I have a steering wheel/pedals, but I hardly ever use them... I use an xbox360 controller, no assists (except automatic clutch). I've actually only used the steering wheel for a race weekend once... I'm much more used to the controller, and I do much better with it.

You like to play? You should join us for a race... its good fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04-10-2007 10:55PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ North
karl wrote:
cmptrnrd16 wrote:

I have a steering wheel/pedals, but I hardly ever use them... I use an xbox360 controller, no assists (except automatic clutch). I've actually only used the steering wheel for a race weekend once... I'm much more used to the controller, and I do much better with it.

You like to play? You should join us for a race... its good fun!

Eh I am no good, nor do I have a system to play it. The big difference between a wheel and joystick is the turn acceleration. When you move the joystick quickly to the side it keeps the wheel turning at a certain rate. With a wheel you don't have that problem, and can thus yank it back and forth faster. getting used to the different timing is all that is neccesary to make the switch from one to the other. Least that is what I have found playing Forza on a friend's xbox with wheel.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04-10-2007 11:46PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
I have turn acceleration turned off my the controller, so the amount I move the stick is the amount the wheel turns, without delay. Of course, this amounts to a sore left thumb after an hour of straight racing.

The reqs for GTR2 aren't that high... the main thing is 1GB ram, but other than that older hardware should handle it ok.