Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 04-18-2024 7:48AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: xbox 360 sync problems
PostPosted: Sun 02-01-2009 3:31PM 
Corporal

Source: Sigma Pi
So i was playing my xbox 360 the other day just fine. Started it up with the controller just like i always do and nothing out of the ordinary. Yesterday i try starting it up and it doesn't. Like i hit the guide button and the 4 lights just flashed and kept flashing and the 360 never turned on. So i tried doing the whole sync thing and nothing. So i figured it was a controller problem, so i took it over to my friends 360 and it worked fine sync'ing up without a problem. So i took his controller over to my 360 and tried and nothing happened just like with my controller. Oh and i also tried using my plug n play charger thing but nothing there as well. SO my question....

WHAT THE FUCK!!?! my console isn't under warranty anymore so xbox charges like a $93 charge for console repair!!!

Anyone had this problem before or know how to fix it? I've had it before but it usually fixed itself within about 5 min. and i had only had that problem before i had the whole red ring of death thing. So this is on entirely new insides (basically a brand new 360).

PLEASE HELP! MUST HAVE LEFT 4 DEAD AND HALO!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: xbox 360 sync problems
PostPosted: Sun 02-01-2009 4:52PM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Fidelity
I have this problem occasionally, but I use an HDMI cable, and if my TV is not on the correct input, the XBOX will not power on until the TV is changed, and my controller keeps flashing like you described. All I do is change the TV to the correct input mode, and it starts right up. If you are using HDMI, make sure your TV is on the correct input channel. If you are using a different output, make sure your cable is correctly attached and not loose.

This is how I "fixed" my issue. I guess it is just some way for MS to keep power consumption low, or whatever, if an output cable is not attached or communicating.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun 02-01-2009 10:30PM 
Corporal

ShadowCat38 wrote:
I have this problem occasionally, but I use an HDMI cable, and if my TV is not on the correct input, the XBOX will not power on until the TV is changed, and my controller keeps flashing like you described. All I do is change the TV to the correct input mode, and it starts right up. If you are using HDMI, make sure your TV is on the correct input channel. If you are using a different output, make sure your cable is correctly attached and not loose.

This is how I "fixed" my issue. I guess it is just some way for MS to keep power consumption low, or whatever, if an output cable is not attached or communicating.

i'm not using any HDMI cables. i'm just using it on a normal CRT tv. I tried changing the settings between hdtv and tv and nothing really changed. still doesn't connect. I tried a wired controller today and it works fine. Well actually it took a bit longer than it should have to turn on the controller. but it still worked. still no luck, i'm trying to connect every day and no luck yet.

Right now my opinion is to eventually save up money to get an arcade xbox 360 and just ... well just keep the one i have right now. But i'd rather not spend any money if i could.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun 02-01-2009 10:50PM 
Major General

ShadowCat38 wrote:

Pretty sure the reason the xbox doesn't turn on when hooked up through hdmi and the TV is on w/ the hdmi input selected is because of the hdcp handshaking that goes on w/ hdmi connections. I think they worked around this with the NXE, but before that my xbox would do the same.

PostPosted: Mon 02-02-2009 9:06AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Apparently they failed, because even with NXE, mine does it. It doesn't bother me right now, but if it gets worse, I'll get seriously pissed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 02-02-2009 3:28PM 
Corporal

Ok let me post one more thing, i don't think i was exactly clear with the first post.

The 360 turns on. The video output is fine. Nothing is wrong with the system itself except for the fact that none of my wireless controllers sync with the console. I tried a wired controller and it will work. So i know it's something with the wireless on the system, my system only. There is no interference because we tried my controller my friends console who lives about 15 feet away and it works fine and then we tried his controller on mine and it didn't work.

so again any help would be awesome!!!!!!.... i'm ashamed to say i've had to revert to WoW while this whole thing is going on, so i need it fixed soon!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 02-03-2009 4:41AM 
Major

Source: TJ South
If the only problem is that the wireless doesn't work/sync, but its out of warranty, then I would suggest opening it up and replacing the RoL board (Ring of Light board). That little board has the ring of light, the power button, and the wireless receiver for the controllers. I actually happen to have one you can buy from me. Unfortunately, opening your xbox will void your 3 segment RRoD 3 year warranty. If that warranty has also expired, then I don't see anything you have to lose. I also have the 360 opening tool and the proper torx drivers to open the xbox without causing any damage that might result from not having said opening tool.

EDIT: first:
Quote:
i'm ashamed to say i've had to revert to WoW while this whole thing is going on, so i need it fixed soon!!!!

Nothing is worth reverting to WoW. Someone needs to come and slap some sense into you. :P

Second, the reason your plug-n-play thing didn't work is probably because that cable just powers the controller. The controller probably still connects via wireless even if plugged into the 360.

-6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 Ram
-eVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB Video Card
-Razer Barracuda 7.1 Sound Card
-8 HD's totaling 5820GB Storage
-Corsair 1000HX 1000W PSU