Do YOU own ut2k4!?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 10 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-18-2004 12:14PM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
There are definitely 3 quake games. They have very similar weapons, and most of them are reused and don't have much originality (if any). Rocket launcher, rail gun, machine gun, lightning gun (somewhat original), shotgun/double barrel shotgun, BFG (original), ect. UT2004 is very similar to UT2003, you're right about that. They added in Onslaught game type, which adds vehicles to the engine and has completely different gameplay from anything in UT2003. Other differences between UT2003 and UT2004 are a different shield gun and shield (armor) system, different movement speed, different models for some weapons (no real difference here), and weapon damage tweaking.

Anyway, don't there have to be similarities from game to game in a series for them to be considered the same series?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-18-2004 12:47PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: Christian Campus House
Keeping in mind, of course, that the BFG was an obligatory port from Doom. So neither is that original.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-18-2004 1:59PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Triangle
UT2004 is everything that UT2003 missed, I consider it more of an expansion than an entirely new game.

http://www.aperturescience.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 06-19-2004 4:30PM 
Major General

Source: Sigma Nu
yeah, but the BFG9000 was different than the BFG3000... it was rapid fire and had a smaller blast range than the origional... they changed it.

and i hadn't seen a rail gun in any other game before that i remember... i like it a lot better than the typical sniper rifle, becuase it takes a lot of skill in leading your shots

and what are you talking about quake 1 and 2? remember the NAIL gun? either way, i would rather be stuck with cookie cutter first person shooter weapons than the stupid green goop shooter. and that disc shooter? that thing sucks too. i don't remember any vehicles though, i'm starting to think i never played 2004... or maybe it was just a demo... anyway i'm thinking about checking it out now! and i'm thinking or reinstalling quake3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06-23-2004 4:14PM 
Major General

alright, i finally downloaded and installed the 5.4 gigabyte beast, and it's pretty cool. but a couple things i couldn't find out... why do i have to be the rasta-man in single player? i want to be the skeleton motherfucker! (that's ONE reason i will still like quake3 better... bones and orbb. goofy ass motherfuckers i loved kicking their asses!)

also, where are the vehicles? i've only played one "instant action" game and didn't notice an option

i'm actually surprised how well it ran on my starting-to-age system. but for some reason it won't use OpenGL i'm stuck with direct3d or software. i just upgraded my video card drivers so that might have something to do with it

and will this work on the network/internet? the pirated version i mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06-23-2004 6:14PM 
Colonel

I think you have to muck around in the .ini config files to use the OpenGL driver (the change should only be a one-liner though). Most of the Onslaught maps I've played have vehicles. All (most?) of the deathmatch maps don't.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06-23-2004 7:36PM 
Major General

i just played this one (i think assault) where you start off flying in ships in space around this station, and then you blow up the shield generators or whatever and then you can board and attack it. it was pretty impressive. then i played one with a tank, but the bots kept getting in it... i'm fairly addicted now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06-24-2004 7:01PM 
Captain

Source: Fidelity
nsrbb5 wrote:
and will this work on the network/internet? the pirated version i mean

Just grab the latest patch and private server crack for it and it works great. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06-24-2004 10:29PM 
Major General

where from? what should i search for?

also, what the fuck does adrenaline do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06-24-2004 10:55PM 
Captain

nsrbb5 wrote:
where from? what should i search for?
also, what the fuck does adrenaline do?

http://www.gamecopyworld.com or http://www.gameburnworld.com are all I use.

When you get 100 adrenaline you can do a combo of Forward Forward Forward Forward for a speed boost type thing, or Back Back Back Back for a regen type thing (it's good!). You can also turn on a mutator to get two more combos of Left Left Left Left and Right Right Right Right to turn yourself into a box or into a midget.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-25-2004 8:07PM 
Major General

cool i will check it out. i keep getting my ass spanked in the stupid 1 player match. it's a 4 on 4 and they just tear us apart it's rediculous. right now my favorite is the onslaught with the vehicles. assault is kind of cool, but i keep running out of time before anyone accomplishes anything (i guess i could add more time...)

does this patch work for the internet too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-25-2004 8:26PM 
Captain

nsrbb5 wrote:
does this patch work for the internet too?

Ya you can host your own internet server or if you check the internet games to join the only servers listed are cracked servers (there's a decent number of them).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 06-27-2004 4:40PM 
Major General

so does anyone know how to get openGL to work with it? i got some sort of patch, and i changed the .ini file the way it says, and i even went and removed the ; in front of the opengl part... but it won't load...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 06-27-2004 5:20PM 
Colonel

Did you comment out the DirectX renderer?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 06-28-2004 12:59AM 
Major General

direct3d? yeah.... the game doesn't load. i tried it with both un-commented and it didn't work....... might be something wrong with my opengl drivers... because doom3 didn't work either (unable to load opengl drivers or something)..... dammit why does this shit always happen