Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 04-18-2024 12:10AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08-24-2004 10:33PM 

Source: Somewhere
I play DE i live in Mac 2. I didn't realize this many people around here played. The only people I see playing 40k around here are some annoying highschoolers at Eclipse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-25-2004 11:33AM 
Captain

Source: McAnerney Hall
^
|
|
Me.
I'm all for a game this weekend. Will give me something to do.

I have 2k DE. Minus some warriors. They just stay on the raiders and die though. That reminds me. If any of you have extra DE warrior sprues from the box 'd love to have them.

Where should we all play?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-25-2004 1:19PM 

I have a friend coming down from his college this weekend, he's got a ton of armies, dice, and terrain, he'd probably be all for coming and hanging out just about any weekend, as long as we take care of his stuff. How does Saturday around 11 sound?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-25-2004 1:24PM 

Where we gonna play? Anyone have a nice roomy place? :?: Ok, maybe just a roomy place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-25-2004 1:41PM 
Captain

If we have to we could go to Eclipse. I don't think they have anything going on on Saturdays. But, it only has 2 tables and is kind of small. Although, now that I think about it they may have moved to a bigger building. Does anyone know if they have moved yet?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-25-2004 2:45PM 
Major

It depends on how serious of a game you're wanting b/c if you did go to a place like Eclipse you would have a lot of youngins hangin around.
There's always dining rooms of greek houses or someone that lives in a house in general...or stealing tables and putting them in a lobby.
Yeah, really I have no idea...but we just all have to get together and get the W40k a rollin'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-25-2004 3:07PM 
Captain

Eclipse isn't that bad. It's usually mainly college age with a few high schoolers.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-25-2004 11:21PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Farrar Hall
Eclipse will be moving over christmas break. (just down the street)

I am one of the other guys from the Farrar coop (Tau) and we still don;t have the felt... but the table's done and eclipse usually has demos or random turnaments on sat. the best Idea would be to look for one of the UMRGA guys (look no further) and ask that a room be reserved. then you can use whatever tables you want.

I'll put our little plug out again... If you play RPGs, 40K, card games, whatever. Join the UMRGA (Gamming Association) It's just an excuse to get together once a week and play magic, pick a random game and play it, run a greyhawk adventure, or sit arround chewing the fat and commenting on game parts and peices. there are no dues, and no strings.. join up to play games and chill out with people that play games.
/plug

So to those of you in the quad im, email whatever me and see about playing over here, and anyone else can ask about UMRGA related topics.
I guess if you want to lug your stuff all the way down here give us a ring from TJ, but that's quite the trip for/with 40k stuff

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08-26-2004 10:18AM 

sources say the felt should be here friday or saturday. which would actually in effect give us two tables cause we already have a felt top that we can put on the kitchen table(its 3x5 so not that big but usuable for small battles which seeing as we all have small armies it works decently) also we are lacking terrian, we have a bunch of colored felt squares that we have been using as well as just random junk but nothing real nice, hopefully that will start to change once we get the big table covered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08-26-2004 10:58AM 
Captain

Any ideas on where yet?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: where to play
PostPosted: Thu 08-26-2004 12:45PM 
Sergeant

Source: TJ North
I say we take Mega ton up on the gaming room offer and rock out with our, well you know how the quote goes. I'm bringing a friend around noonish and he's got all kinds of stuff. Whatever i can talk him into halling down i'll get. I just need to know where and when we are going by friday afternoon. Email me or post something.

Last edited by MorganGK on Fri 08-27-2004 11:10AM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08-26-2004 4:03PM 
Lieutenant

Source: TJ South
If you guys can get a place and time worked out, then I'll probably stop by, if not to play, then just to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08-27-2004 1:37PM 
Major

anybody have an update yet on what's going on about w40k this weekend?

Post subject: where to play
PostPosted: Fri 08-27-2004 9:37PM 

I never heard anything from the dude in the Gaming club thing, so lets just go to Eclipse. The worst that can happen are some high schoolers and we can just beat them up if need be. I'll be there with one of my friends at noon or 12:30. Hope to see you guys there then. We'll either watch your game or start a new one depending on how many people are there and where they are in their game. C you guys SAT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08-27-2004 10:57PM 
Captain

I'll be there. I refuse to set an alarm on saturday though. So I'm not sure when exactly that will be.

Profile E-mail