Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 03-29-2024 8:30AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 08-21-2004 11:01PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
I unshared my games and movies because I was constantly having 10-15 people downloading off of my comp, and it was going as slow as Hell. I've re-shared them out for a now, but I will probably un-share it in a couple of days.

\\SWIRLS

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08-22-2004 12:26PM 
Major

Source: TJ North
Anonymous wrote:
anyone have doom3 hosted anymore??

plz thx

I still have it up, \\131.151.187.76 or \\sharemonster

~ Krientle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08-22-2004 12:43PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Triangle
I went out and bought a legit copy (yes, I know it was a waste of money, but I'm a big Doom fan and I have to give my respect to Idsoft). I've already beaten it and I have to say if you guys can get it running at a tolerable quality, then you are in for a real treat. Just make sure to play it with the sound up and the lights off to get the entire effect.

http://www.aperturescience.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08-22-2004 12:49PM 
Major

Source: TJ North
Captain_Cadaver wrote:
I went out and bought a legit copy (yes, I know it was a waste of money, but I'm a big Doom fan and I have to give my respect to Idsoft). I've already beaten it and I have to say if you guys can get it running at a tolerable quality, then you are in for a real treat. Just make sure to play it with the sound up and the lights off to get the entire effect.

I'm planning on buying it as well, I just have a policy of not buying a game until I'm sure it will run. Doom III is a great game and really deserves support. I understand why it took them so long to put it out now =)

~ Krientle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08-22-2004 1:13PM 
Lieutenant

Source: TJ South
I bought it the first day I could, which was the day after it hit shelves. No electronics stores in my area had any copies on the first day - they were all sold out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08-22-2004 2:54PM 
Brigadier General

I actually ended up preordering the game, then getting a 6800 GT to ensure that it would run well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08-22-2004 3:47PM 
Brigadier General

I was very surprised that they had most of the original enemies (missing spectre, baron of hell, and pain elemental) and some new ones like trites and cherubs. All original weapons too, except soul cube. The fans are pleased. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08-22-2004 4:25PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: Farrar Hall
Mindless killing? I'm in...

But will it run on my P-200??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08-22-2004 5:10PM 
Colonel

bagvwf wrote:
But will it run on my P-200??

Nope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08-23-2004 12:56AM 
Major General

Source: Sigma Nu
i'm missing the sawed off double barreled shotgun!!! man that thing was the ultimate weapon. the bfg is neat i haven't really played around with it, and the soulcube i can't figure out how to use. too bad teh cyberdemon is a boss and not a common enemy.... and where are the arachnids/spider mastermind!?

and i'm already scared of the day when i see one of those archviles. i just now saw a reverent for the first time

and i haven't seen most of that stuff i just read about it.

OH and i think the z-sector guards are the hardest... they are often in packs, their bullets hurt more than the imps AND they hit you more often, have surprising amount of health, and i hate them. the chaingun is pretty good at mowing them down but i never have enough ammo.

and what's the deal with those piece of shit sentry bots?!?! they walk 2 feet and then just lie down. pieces of shit help me out!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08-23-2004 8:16AM 
Lieutenant

nsrbb5 wrote:
and the soulcube i can't figure out how to use.

Kill 5 enemies with regular weapons. Press 'Q' (by default) to equip the Soulcube. Fire at big enemies. Rinse. Repeat.

nsrbb5 wrote:
OH and i think the z-sector guards are the hardest... they are often in packs, their bullets hurt more than the imps AND they hit you more often, have surprising amount of health, and i hate them. the chaingun is pretty good at mowing them down but i never have enough ammo.

Use the Rocket Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08-24-2004 12:09PM 
Brigadier General

Itchy wrote:
nsrbb5 wrote:
and the soulcube i can't figure out how to use.

Kill 5 enemies with regular weapons. Press 'Q' (by default) to equip the Soulcube. Fire at big enemies. Rinse. Repeat.

nsrbb5 wrote:

Use the Rocket Launcher.

A really good tip, replace the 'q' button for the soul cube with right click.

As for the guards, as itchy said, rockets are good. Gernades around corners work for me.

The shit that gets me are the cacodemons and the lost souls. I hate those fuckers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08-24-2004 9:02PM 
Lieutenant

Captain_Cadaver wrote:
The shit that gets me are the cacodemons and the lost souls. I hate those fuckers.

For Lost Souls, I usually use the pistol if they're isolated and/or far away, and the assault rifle otherwise. The biggest problem isn't their health, it's just managing to hit them. You just have to make sure you keep as large of a distance as you can between them and you.

Cacodemons I never had problems with. The strategy I used agaisnt them was much the same as with Imps. Sprint out of the way of their fireballs, get close, and use the shotgun. Two good blasts can take them out. If for whatever reason they don't get close to you, then just use the assault rifle.

Post subject: CD1 wont play for some reason
PostPosted: Tue 08-24-2004 11:25PM 
Major

Source: Farrar Hall
Hey, I downloaded the ISO files of Doom3 and burned them off and installed the game but now when I go to click on the icon it says it can't detect CD1. I don't see how this can be if it installed fine. Anyone know whats going on?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08-24-2004 11:56PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
There should be a crack folder on cd1. Look for a directory called "Crack," "IMMERSiON," "DEViANCE," etc. Just replace the .exe file from the game directory with the one from the crack directory.

Profile E-mail