Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 6:26AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-16-2006 4:24PM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: TJ North
Altaica wrote:
amd2800barton wrote:
thats what every body is doing though, buying one to sell on ebay. very few people i have heard of are actually buying it for themselves. while the supply of PS3s may be very low, the demand just isn't there for people to resell them at anything more than a grand methinks. most likely those people will barely make any profit.

They're going for upwards of 2k on ebay right now. In fact, I think the least I saw just skimming through was $1500, with time left to bid.

But that is before they all come out, I bet by friday night Ebay is just flat flooded with PS3 consoles, driving the price down alot. To many people are doing it, with the 360 most people didn't do the Ebay thing, the 360 really established it as a viable business strategy. If you got a pre-order of a PS3 and sold it on EBay you were golden because there was such a limited number, but I bet by 2AM Friday morning there are thousands of PS3s on EBay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-16-2006 6:20PM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
Kamakazi wrote:
But that is before they all come out, I bet by friday night Ebay is just flat flooded with PS3 consoles, driving the price down alot. To many people are doing it, with the 360 most people didn't do the Ebay thing, the 360 really established it as a viable business strategy. If you got a pre-order of a PS3 and sold it on EBay you were golden because there was such a limited number, but I bet by 2AM Friday morning there are thousands of PS3s on EBay.

Even so, I'd guess that they're still going to be going for at least 1k though the weekend (still a nice profit). Apparently they're shipping less than the original estimates, so I think there are still going to be a lot of desperate gamers, willing to shell out top dollar for a console that will probably break before the end of the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 2:24AM 
Drowning

Source: Fidelity
st. roberts walmart had 26

between me and 2 friends we got 7 as seen here

worseley is teh winnar!

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 2:26AM 
Colonel

LostBoyz wrote:
st. roberts walmart had 26

between me and 2 friends we got 7 as seen here

worseley is teh winnar!

They weren't limiting them to 1 per person? How many of those are going to ebay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 3:06AM 
Drowning

long story but it was 1 per person

and 100% of them to ebay, how could you not

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 3:13AM 
Colonel

LostBoyz wrote:
long story but it was 1 per person

and 100% of them to ebay, how could you not

*shrugs* I heard a rumor that ebay was instituting policies to prevent people from selling more than one PS3 on ebay. I could be mistaken though. I'd check my source again, but the site is down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 4:03AM 
Brigadier General

Yeah, I got 6 PS3's and LostBoyz and my other friend got another 3 between them.

Well, my first one ends at Auction in under an hour and I've already got a bid of $3100 from 2 very respectable bidders with a long 100% positive history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 4:10AM 
Brigadier General

$3300

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 4:13AM 
Colonel

Worseley wrote:
$3300

Must... stop... reading... thread... Way... too... painful... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 4:30AM 
Drowning

hey do you want to post mine whenever, my ebay account is decent but looks like you got it good

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 4:31AM 
Brigadier General

$3750... but only 10 feedback 100% though. They also bought alot of preppy items so they're probably good for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 4:41AM 
Drowning

how much time is left?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 4:57AM 
Brigadier General

Well, someone with feedback of 1 rose the auction to 5500 bucks... so after I removed their bid I decided to not trust the 10 feedback user since they were willing to go up to 5700 bucks.

I settled for $3350 from a Very Long term user with 50 feedback and who always bidded on items that went for over $450.

Auction is over:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 6:01AM 
Brigadier General

Well, I'm a skeptic on this but I've gotten off the phone with someone who says that he works for Dixons Electronics in the UK and that they're needing to buy enough PS3 consoles for a 90 day PS3 giveaway until the Launch of the PS3 in Europe. He's looking for anyone who has bulk PS3 allotments that won't force him to buy individually. Very few people could do this.

The guy has done several things to prove to me that he's who he says he is. He has a high ebay feedback rating and his story checks out without any little slip of a scam. The store is the UK version of Bestbuy and is having the contest he's talking about starting in December.

Anyways, the guy is willing to buy all of my remaining PS3's plus any others that I get for very VERY good prices (1500 core, 2500 premium). He's even needing someone to pick up some U.S. games to go with them, paying very well for them as well. I told him that I would only do a buy-it-now auction with all items included for said prices and only through paypal.

Does anyone think I could get screwed by doing that type of auction on paypal? I told him that I wouldn't deliver any item until I transfered the money to my bank account and held the money. Only then would I get the grocery list of games/controllers he needs with the consoles. He didn't like the sound of that until I proved to him that I own 6 consoles myself (now 5) and have access to 2 more premiums and Lostboyz Core.

I need input on this... it smells of scam but could I get screwed by doing it this way? Cash first delivery upon transfer of paypal funds to a bank account? It seems like a win/win situation here. HELP!!!!

He is very desperate and is willing to pay these prices for any future bulk allotments that I recieve. Wanting to know if I could get more anytime soon. I can of course do it and use the same guys I did to get the 6 that I did today, but no one has any clues for 2nd waves at this point.

I also found this: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3-launch ... 215143.php

Basically, ebay won't allow the UK to buy PS3's. So this may be why he can't get them individually. I guess I'll be officially selling something else. Maybe a Wii for the official ebay sale and ship the real thing (PS3) in it's place. Looks like the UK has some really big scalpers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-17-2006 8:32AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: TJ North
so don't sell it on the UK ebay site. sell it on ebay.com as a ps3, otherwise he could call ebay and say "this mofo sent me a ps3 and i paid for a wii" and get his money back...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next