Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 1:35PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-23-2006 11:41PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: Off Campus
my girlfriend and i boxed eachother at the Chesterfield mall yesterday... it was amazingly fun, for BOTH of us (she thought it'd be lame) i can't wait to actually get my own Wii.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11-25-2006 12:23PM 
Lieutenant

Red steel is kinda a meh, it has a pretty steep learning curve and the story is kinda of bland but betwene that a COD id say, Redsteel is more fun if you want a shooter.

-A2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11-25-2006 3:19PM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
red steel is soooo badass. I dont see the learning curve you're talking about. The first 5 mins of the game are spent training you how to use the controls. It feels soo good, and I dont know if I'll ever be able to play an FPS on another system again.

Red Steel >.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 11-27-2006 1:10AM 
Captain

Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda

I'm at the lake dungeon right now. Wii sports is pretty good too. I'm probably gonna rent some of the other games to see what I like before committing to a buy.

The only thing which annoys me a bit is the cost of extra controllers. And the fact that you have to buy virtual console points by the thousands. So technically I'd have to spend 10 bucks to get 1000 points to buy bomberman, a 600 (6 dollar) point game. And have 400 I would have nothing to do with for a while. But otherwise, I love my wii to death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 11-27-2006 11:22AM 
Major

Source: Bureau of Mines #1
Do any places around here have it in stock now? I went by Wal Mart and K-Mart on Saturday just to see and neither had any.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 11-27-2006 11:59AM 
Brigadier General

It'll be fairly hard to get one right now. Unless your willing to constantly call/check stores then I'd say that you don't have much of a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 11-27-2006 2:05PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: TJ North
bowling is one of the better Sports games, as it is the most sensitive to the small movements of the controller, and has the most control on different axises. batting in the baseball game, by contrast, has no control, it just a matter of timing your swing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 11-27-2006 2:27PM 
Major

Source: Bureau of Mines #1
Worseley wrote:
It'll be fairly hard to get one right now. Unless your willing to constantly call/check stores then I'd say that you don't have much of a chance.

Nope, not willing. I'll just look for one anytime I'm in one of those places and pick one up then. I'm not in a big rush. Was just wondering if there were any big shipments comming in, or whether it was just going to be a little trickle of them showing up in stores.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 11-27-2006 5:42PM 
Major

Destri wrote:
And the fact that you have to buy virtual console points by the thousands. So technically I'd have to spend 10 bucks to get 1000 points to buy bomberman, a 600 (6 dollar) point game. And have 400 I would have nothing to do with for a while. But otherwise, I love my wii to death.

Did you buy Bomberman? If so, post up what you think of it. I've never played this version of Bomberman, but I loved the SNES version.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 11-27-2006 5:44PM 
awesome yet humble

Source: McAnerney Hall
sigh... i wish i had money so i could buy one....

And then, the monkey died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 11-27-2006 5:49PM 
Brigadier General

I saw on the net how only after 2 days of the Wii being out someone figured out how to run emulators on it using a memory card with SD adapter. Apparently the Wii's gamecube emulator will run the gamecube Homebrew stuff. So far it only looks like it's programs nothing more but alot of people are already saying that Nintendo didn't do a great job stopping such a simple exploit and with their virtual console people could really take advantage of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 11-28-2006 1:23AM 
Captain

amd2800barton wrote:
bowling is one of the better Sports games, as it is the most sensitive to the small movements of the controller, and has the most control on different axises. batting in the baseball game, by contrast, has no control, it just a matter of timing your swing.

I am the wii bowling master. Anyways, if someone cracked virtual console, that'd kick ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 11-28-2006 4:49PM 
Sergeant

My Mom found someone who would sell her his extra Wii at cost and I will be getting it next weekend (graduation present!). I already went to Walmart and bought twilight princess and an extra controller and nunchuck. Should I pick up a classic controller? Do you use the classic controller for nintendo8 games or do you use the remote and buttons labeled 1 and 2? Also I saw at walmart a 1 gig memory card, does the Wii not have internal storage? What games are people enjoying? Remote/nunchuck or classic controller? Oh, do you buy nintendo points online or at a store?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 11-28-2006 5:22PM 
Captain

JJacob wrote:
1. Should I pick up a classic controller? Do you use the classic controller for nintendo8 games or do you use the remote and buttons labeled 1 and 2?

2. Also I saw at walmart a 1 gig memory card, does the Wii not have internal storage?

3. What games are people enjoying?

4. Remote/nunchuck or classic controller?

5.Oh, do you buy nintendo points online or at a store?

1. It's up to you. Some of the virtual consoles games you can't play with the wii remote. Some you can use gamecube controllers with. Some you can use all three with. You don't HAVE to have the classic controller, but it would help for a lot of games. Like N64 ones.

2. Wii has internal storage. You can get an SD card if you want to transfer information. Or use the photo channel. Also you use gamecube memory cards for gamecube games. Internal storage doesn't work for gamecube games.

3. Zelda, obviously. Wii sports. Etc. I would suggest looking up reviews or renting games before buying them.

4. See answer 1.

5. Both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 11-28-2006 6:18PM 
Brigadier General

I had to buck up and buy the strategy guide for Zelda. After spending an hour and a half in one dungeon trying to figure things out I couldn't go any longer without one.

I also picked up the new Halo novel "Ghost of Onyx" which sounds like it would be really good from the 7 pages they released online/magazines.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next