Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 4:22PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-05-2006 8:07PM 
Drowning

Source: Fidelity
just because bungie is an inhouse developer dosent mean they have absolute power over them. if it were up to MS we would be on halo 12 by now

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-05-2006 10:12PM 
Captain

Source: Off Campus
The lack of bots is the biggest problem I have with the Halo games. Hell even Perfect Dark (a N64 game) had bots to play against.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-05-2006 10:36PM 
Captain

Brad wrote:
The lack of bots is the biggest problem I have with the Halo games. Hell even Perfect Dark (a N64 game) had bots to play against.

You have dialup or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 1:39AM 
Colonel

Lack of bots is a good motivator for users to buy xbox live. Which you don't have to buy on the PC. But yeah. It's dumb that there are no bots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 10:13AM 
Brigadier General

You can't seriously take that report from Bungie last May to be real do you? They said the same thing in reports on Halo 2 and look how that turned out.

Truthfully the proof lies with Epic games, creators of Gears of War. A couple weeks ago CliffyB accidentally slipped that GOW would be a trilogy, then a few days later admitted that there would be more GOW games but said that the GOW universe wouldn't end at GOW 3 but that as long as people enjoyed the franchise they would continue to make GOW universe games.

Now Epic is the closest cousin to Bungie that they have. Both are owned by MS and both of them have the hottest console franchises on the 360. Do you really think that MS would create more GOW games then it's alpha dog Halo franchise?

Like I said, the fight ends in Halo 3 but if you read the book it's clear that there will be several, SEVERAL more games in the Halo Universe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 3:14PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
Worseley wrote:
I'd be happy if they would start making multi player only games like the Nintendo 64's Turok Rage Wars. Really if they could make a great multi player game and stand it solely by itself they could charge less cash ($40 bucks) save development costs and make one every year like EA does with Madden.

I think developers are afraid to do this. You're right though, this is the big hangup with getting a good selection of multiplayer games on Xbox. Hell, the only game on PC I play online that's NOT just multiplayer is Swat 4.

Profile E-mail