Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 11:53AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Running Routes
PostPosted: Sat 09-23-2006 3:59PM 
Captain

Source: Fidelity
I know this was a topic a while back, but i just found this in my bicycling mag.

http://usatf.org/routes/search/searchRe ... MO&rating=

A bunch of different routes that are pre-defined or you can create your own and it'll tell you distance and all that good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09-23-2006 5:30PM 
Major General

I have my own favorite routes in Rolla also, a 2 mile, 4 mile, 6 mile, and an 8 mile route. I was running the 6 mile route regularly and working up to a half-marathon, but injured my foot a few weeks ago, and I'll be out for at least another week if not two. I might add some of mine on there, but they all start at my house...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-24-2006 4:11PM 
Private

Source: Farrar Hall
As a member of the UMR cc team i'm pretty sure those routes have been contributed by some past member of the team. If you are ever in multi there is a map of runs just outside the track office. There is also a 6x8 foot map of the courses in runners house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-24-2006 7:59PM 
Colonel

Source: VPN
If you guys want a fun running route, go run between cars on I-44. Now that's a thrill!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-24-2006 8:12PM 
Colonel

lukecp wrote:
I have my own favorite routes in Rolla also, a 2 mile, 4 mile, 6 mile, and an 8 mile route. I was running the 6 mile route regularly and working up to a half-marathon, but injured my foot a few weeks ago, and I'll be out for at least another week if not two. I might add some of mine on there, but they all start at my house...

Im gonna find your route and run you down!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-24-2006 8:15PM 
Major General

Heatwave wrote:
lukecp wrote:

Lets go! Bring Foo Foo Dar too and we can have a race!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-24-2006 8:38PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
lukecp wrote:
Heatwave wrote:
lukecp wrote:

Lets go! Bring Foo Foo Dar too and we can have a race!

Well, if I drive it won't be much of a race...of course I have been pretty lazy lately...might be too lazy to push my gas pedal down all the way...unless you mean running LOL...I attempt to do that every morning...

Rolla Missouri...
Where the men are men!
The women are men!
And the sheep are scared!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-24-2006 8:47PM 
Colonel

Heh, I got some crap from part of the CC team a few weeks ago. My roommate and I run sometimes, and our route that night circled TJ's front drive. We happened through there just as part of the CC team was finishing, and they called us overachievers or something, as we were still running when they had stopped. I thought it rather funny.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-24-2006 9:00PM 
Major General

I was here this summer and had countless townies yell at me and give me crap. It dosen't help that I ran shirtless all summer, but the yells I got ranged from high school girls yelling "WOOOOOOO!!!!" to rednecks in truck yelling "You better run boy!" Sometimes entertaining, sometimes annoying...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-24-2006 9:29PM 
Colonel

lukecp wrote:
I was here this summer and had countless townies yell at me and give me crap. It dosen't help that I ran shirtless all summer, but the yells I got ranged from high school girls yelling "WOOOOOOO!!!!" to rednecks in truck yelling "You better run boy!" Sometimes entertaining, sometimes annoying...

At least it wasn't one of those "You got a purdy mouth there" comments.

Last edited by Heatwave on Mon 09-25-2006 7:12AM, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-25-2006 12:29AM 
Lieutenant General

Heatwave wrote:
lukecp wrote:

At least it wasn't one of those "You got a purdy mouth" comments.

Fixed

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-25-2006 7:21AM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
lukecp wrote:

I've had one townie yell at me this fall, and I flipped him off...I was hoping he'd turn around, I needed some entertainment...lol

Rolla Missouri...
Where the men are men!
The women are men!
And the sheep are scared!