Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 8:16AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01-20-2007 2:19PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Fidelity
irony? what irony?

young grasshopper? haha...wow

and i think that you mean chauncey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01-20-2007 7:38PM 
Captain

Source: Off Campus
ramsfan_365 wrote:
I don't know what the deal was, it surprised the hell out of me too... My jeep also beat a 2000 celica gt-S (VVTL-i) in about the same distance...those v-8 all wheel drive grand cherokees have quite a bit of low end speed to them...295 torque

the celica doesnt suprise me...but the civic does. i really dont see how a boosted civic lost. unless it was an extremely small turbo on a really crappy motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01-20-2007 11:19PM 
Sergeant

robertd wrote:
JaredL wrote:
laughatrice.com

that was awesome

yes for all the ricers out there.... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 01-25-2007 11:44PM 
Sergeant

Source: TJ North
ramsfan_365 wrote:
v8s are inefficient... forced induction rules the streets...

for every 15 psi of boost, your base displacement doubles...so my little 3.0 v6 runs like a 6.0 all while getting 26 hwy miles/gal.

Only an import guy would comment on efficiency, lol

Give me a couple thousand to build a stout sbc and we'll see who rules the streets.

A balanced 360 (5.9L) roller motor would more than hand you your ass, with no rear turbo oil seal's for excuses.

And as for rice, look at the "NOS is a lot like a hot girl with an STD. You want to hit it but you don’t want to suffer the consequences." in the sig.
Someone has been jacking off to The Fast and the Furious a little much.
Last time I checked domestics don't go around saying, "Dude, I got Edelbrock!"

/RANT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 01-26-2007 1:59AM 
Drowning

wow, thanks for that

other then the corvette, imports out perform muscle on a track (as in with turns)

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 01-26-2007 9:13AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

I am afraid LostBoyz has this one. This is why you see mostly imports doing stuff like rally races. BTW, NASCAR does not count. That is technically still straight driving as sloped as those curves are.

Besides, have you seen how much those drivers suck when they have to do an actual road track? It makes me cringe to think they call themselves professionals.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 01-26-2007 10:44AM 
Sergeant

Source: TJ North
LostBoyz wrote:
wow, thanks for that

other then the corvette, imports out perform muscle on a track (as in with turns)

And thankyou for that. Mind backing up any of that? The corvette is the only domestic car that could touch an import on a track?

ShadowCat38 wrote:
I am afraid LostBoyz has this one. This is why you see mostly imports doing stuff like rally races. BTW, NASCAR does not count. That is technically still straight driving as sloped as those curves are.

Don't rally cars run forced induction because its easier to make a flat torque curve over the whole rpm range? Running a motor with 600horse/750 ft-lbs wouldn't be feasable with the added weight or the monstrous torque curve, you'd never hook it up. As for nascar, I also hate it, but what experience do you have to bash it? Thats like saying the NFL doesn't require skill, all they do is throw a ball around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 01-26-2007 3:22PM 
Drowning

wow back it up? its a true statement, show me a 603 that can turn and not understeer out its ass. I will give you it will stomp an import in a straight line.

rally cars have forced induction because at least WRC rules is it must be a 2.0L engine so cars like the EVO IX FQ 430 pushing 430 hp from a tiny 2L engine is some fucking engineering.

corvette is the fastest american production track car, i lost a fight about import over domestic and i realize it. if you got a skyline r34 for the price you can get it in japan and put the rest of the price difference between it and the z06 then you would have your self a race, but sadly an r34 in this country costs about as much as a z06.

as for the whole nascar thing, there is no engineering its put your foot to the ground the entire time, there is only drafting passes no power. and its dangerous, all f1, lemans, or motogp have at least some dirt between you and the wall so you dont die. oval track = shit for the most part

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01-27-2007 3:24AM 
Sergeant

wow, is it possible to start a post without wow?
One question, whats a 603? Assuming you are referring to my previous post, a small block can be put in any of a number of cars. As for understeer, proper ride heights, weight transfer, and braking will take it out of the picture. Although I lack experience on a street course, running 30/70 brake bias makes a world of difference mid corner on dirt. If not that, less rebound on the rear would get the weight right where you want it. There are a million ways to fix it.
Do you think that domestic cars are not as tunable as imports?

I absolutely love your oval track comments. How much oval track experience do you have? This summer was my 12th full season in some kind of (dirt) oval ride. I don't know how you could call 550 horse, 1400 lbs, 105 mph sideways on a 3/8 mile dirt track with 23 other cars shitty?
And hell, thats all just a class based off of a 305ci small block. Imagine the 410 cars with their near 1:1 power to weight ratios!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01-27-2007 3:58AM 
Drowning

Source: MU
dude im sure its a blast to drive in, going fast doing anything is fun, from a racing standpoint or engineering standpoint it sucks, sorry. f1 owns nascar and rally owns oval dirt track. how many times can you hit the same corners over and over again?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01-27-2007 11:29AM 
Sergeant

LostBoyz wrote:
how many times can you hit the same corners over and over again?

That comment easily shows your lack of intelligence. Have you ever been to a dirt track race? There are 24 cars on a right rear tire that is 21 inches wide and 105 inches in circumference. The race tracks are always a hard pan with about an inch of fluffed soil on top. When we head out for the feature, there could be traction everywhere and by the end it has taken enough rubber that it looks like asphalt. The track is constantly changing. Running the same line for 5-6 laps in a row will gurantee you a back of the pack finish. Depending on the weather and track prep, a racetrack can go from a 2 or 3 groove track on the Friday of a two day show, to being a one-groove track on Saturday because of the massive amounts of rubber left and all of the marbles getting pushed up towards the wall. None of that is taking into account the effects of the sun going down and the moisture rising, or the track officials adding water in the middle of the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01-27-2007 1:54PM 
Drowning

Source: MU
ok you win, holy fuck dirt track racing is obviously the best shit evar.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01-27-2007 3:38PM 
Captain

Source: TJ South
oh man, cavaliers are so fast. just look: it's only a tattoo but it's so fast there are flames coming off it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 01-28-2007 2:23AM 
Major

haha, i hope that isnt a real tattoo on that guys arm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-30-2007 11:28PM 
Lieutenant

here's the original thread of that photo...and yes, it is real

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f ... 5&t=268985

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next