Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed 05-15-2024 12:37PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Judging interest in a LOT of books - Arch Eng.
PostPosted: Tue 02-23-2010 10:10PM 
Private

Source: Off Campus
I'm a former student and have no need for my books any longer, had a change of heart about being an Engineer.

The large majority of these books are for the Arch Eng/Civil Eng degree but there are 5 books in the EE/CS program.

This is more of a feeler to see if anyone might be interested in the whole group if I priced it decently. I figure if someone could get their parents to drop the money on 30+ books that could ALMOST(I was 12 hours from graduation) get you through to your senior year in one investment, it would be a good thing. I would estimate if all the books are still being used it could get you through all but 6 hours of an Arch Eng degree and you would still have some C++ books to study in your free time.

Email me at lunyou@gmail.com if you want a list or to talk price.

I also have about 6-8 Pol Sci books that will probably not be used as the teacher that used them isn't there for a while(took a .gov job). But if you like Pol Sci I could make a good deal on those too.

Let me know.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Judging interest in a LOT of books - Arch Eng.
PostPosted: Wed 02-24-2010 12:06AM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
Great idea.. except that there's bound to be a few that get changed before said buyer graduates...

PostPosted: Wed 02-24-2010 1:16AM 
Sergeant

Source: Somewhere On Campus
If you have the Arch 203/204 books I would be interested in those. And possibly a few others. But I have a pretty full library already

PostPosted: Wed 02-24-2010 5:17PM 
Private

blitzvergnugen wrote:
Great idea.. except that there's bound to be a few that get changed before said buyer graduates...

That's what I'm curious about. Which books have changed? That's the biggie.

I have the 203/204/205 books that I used. If you can get me what books you are going to be using then I'll let you know whether or not they are the same.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 02-24-2010 5:38PM 
BLITZVERPWND
BLITZVERPWND

Source: IT Dept
lunyou wrote:
blitzvergnugen wrote:

That's what I'm curious about. Which books have changed? That's the biggie.

I have the 203/204/205 books that I used. If you can get me what books you are going to be using then I'll let you know whether or not they are the same.

www.mstbookstore.com

Linux and Macintosh, Eiskaltdc++, then adcs://hub.queue42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 02-24-2010 5:44PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Aw hell, man...That's the exact same place I was two/three years ago. It took me going out into the workforce for a couple of years to find the drive to finish.

Not sure what use the comments/advice from a total stranger would do for you (Everybody has their reasons) but if there's anything I would tell somebody in your situation it's this.

Don't let Rolla be the only face of engineering you see. The townies are morons and the students are socially inept; the rules of camaraderie and common courtesy don't apply on-campus or off. It's demoralizing as hell, I know. The problem professors (there's one or seven in every department) tend to be elitist assholes who earned their PhD's the hard way 30 years ago and if you can't do that, you'll never earn their respect.

Thing is, when you're working a job site, you don't see PhD's. You work with real people with real faces--and hopefully they're friendly--and work on real challenges that aren't pedantic, useless textbook problems. The real world's a lot different, and for the most part, it's for the better. Don't let Rolla be the killer of your engineering soul. You're a semester from graduation (presumably). Finish somewhere else if you must. I only say that because as quickly as you changed your mind (one semester? two years?) you can change it right back--two, three years isn't very long in the grand scheme of life.

That said, don't think engineering is the only way. By any means. There are people on this campus that think you're shit if you're not an engineer. They suck.

PostPosted: Wed 02-24-2010 6:09PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Can you post the titles and editions of the EE/CS books? I may be interested in purchasing a couple, especially if they are old editions and cheap.