* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed 04-24-2024 9:52AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: WTB: Rush CD
PostPosted: Sun 07-04-2004 6:19PM 
Colonel

Location: No one's really sure what became of Castorite after graduation

Source: MST-PSK Wireless
I've been on a Rush kick for about a month now. The mp3s just aren't doing it for me anymore, and burning my own disc doesn't net any new tracks. Places like Wal-Mart and Sam Goody have what I'm looking for, but they run $13 or more! That's not encouraging for a broke college student, especially since the music is 15+ years old.

Does anyone out there have a Rush CD (not a copy) in pretty good shape that they'd want to let go for around 3 or 4 bucks?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: WTB: Rush CD
PostPosted: Wed 07-07-2004 4:46PM 
Major General

Source: Sigma Nu
Castorite wrote:
...and burning my own disc doesn't net any new tracks...

are you looking for new rush songs you haven't heard before? just get on the i2hub, any DC++ hub or kazaa and start downloading away. that's what i liked about audiogalaxy satellite (RIP!). you could search for an artist, and it would categorize all filenames by popularity. so let's say you know of 4 rush songs, you can search for "rush" and it will give you a list of 1000s of files (varying filenames), but the first 20 are all unique matches. and it's sorted by popularity so you are getting all the good songs and singles you might not know about.

makes a lot more sense than if i seach for a song with a popular single, you w/ill get 1000 matches of the exact same file. wish more programs let you sort all duplicate files so you can browse by what songs rush fans listen to.

and while i'm thinking of it, i have 2112 CD but it's at home. basically it's just 2112 (all parts), train to bangkok or whatever... listen is on it... but i'm sure you've got those songs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07-07-2004 5:39PM 
Colonel

Location: No one's really sure what became of Castorite after graduation

Source: MST-PSK Wireless
I wholeheartedly agree about AudioGalaxy. The condensing of filenames made it really easy to find live tracks and covers. I also liked the interface. I could leave the client running on my system, log in on campus, pick a few tracks, and have them waiting when I got back to my room. AudioGalaxy > all.

Filesharing really isn't an option for me at the moment. Look left. I'm on dialup. While I could connect, I certainly wouldn't make any friends with my connection speed.

While I'm not familiar with the track names on 2112, I've got a feeling I've heard most of the songs before. That's really the reason I'm looking for complete albums. I know most of the songs by musical phrases instead of by title. Indeed, I've got a few of the songs, but I want the "whole album experience".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Oh Rush..
PostPosted: Wed 07-07-2004 8:48PM 

Source: Somewhere
I don't think many people will part with their Rush collections if they like them as much as I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2004 11:53PM 
Hero of Time

Source: Off Campus
Straight up. They're all on my comp but Rush is too good to sell. Hell, Tom Sawyer is my cell phone ringer right now :). Good luck.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2004 12:38AM 
Major General

Source: Sigma Nu
i never really was part of the whole "album" thing... like i don't get people who have entire albums on their computers... i think the greatest thing about all this filesharing and access to singles is that i don't have to buy the whole album, i can just keep the 4 songs that i like off the album. i don't even have any CDs anymore, i ripped everything i own to .mp3 and have my stereo hooked up to my PC

man audiogalaxy WAS the shit... but one thing nice about DC++ and the i2hub (you can do this using seek also) is the ability to browse someone's files. if you find a person with a lot of the same music you like, download some random crap off their computer. you never know. i found a bunch of good songs off i2hub by random bands and bands i've heard of before