Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 05-03-2024 12:38AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Should the USA back out of Iraq? Add comments in a post.
Poll ended at Mon 04-05-2004 3:14PM
Definitely, as soon as possible 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Sometime soon 16%  16%  [ 8 ]
Not sure / Don't care 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
No. Finish the job 48%  48%  [ 24 ]
Definitely NOT. We have an obligation to stay there. 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 9:33AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
Hey Assclown wrote:
i support the war in Iraq, Bush is just finishing the job his dad started back in 1990-91

Actually his dad didn't finish the war for a reason. He actually published a book about it and gave reasons why not to take Saddam out. He said it would cost incalculable lives without a clear exit strategy, etc., etc. He pretty much predicted everything bad that is happening in this war. I guess George W. never learned to listen to his father. As for the war I don't really support it, although we do need to finish what we started. It is bad enough to go into a country on false pretenses. It is even worse to go in their, take out their government, and the leave them to try and sort it all out so that they get an even more brutal dictator.

This is Chopper Dave's made for TV Movie 'Blades Of Vengeance',See He's a Chopper Pilot By Day,But by Night he Fights Crime As a Werewolf (uht Uh) YEAH!

Profile E-mail  
Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 10:02AM 
Major General

Source: Wilson Library
Dubs wrote:
I think we should stay in there until we've installed a Pro USA government that will sell us oil at a better rate than anyone else. This view stems from the fact that I'm tired of paying so much for gas.

You mean a puppet regieme? I'm sure we will set one up. Don't count on cheaper gas though (although it would be nice.....). Just more access to a product that the oil compaines can rape us on (dosen't the US get the cheapest oil in the world anyway).

I love oil like any American, but i do go by the policy "No blood fo oil". Its not that important IMO.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 10:09AM 
Colonel

Source: Wilson Library
meh at this point i am tempted to say just make it the only glass country in the world. no matter what we do they are gonna hate us. might as well just have them hate us in the afterlife as opposed to hating us then trying to fight us.

Life is a disease
sexually transmitted, terminal, and fatal.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 10:53AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Altman Hall
Bj wrote:
meh at this point i am tempted to say just make it the only glass country in the world. no matter what we do they are gonna hate us. might as well just have them hate us in the afterlife as opposed to hating us then trying to fight us.

LOL nice. I want aerial photos of that when it is done.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 7:06PM 

Source: Somewhere
Someone remind me again after world war two how the goverments of Japan and Germany were rebuilt. O and also why was Lincoln at one point considered the worst president in history and later on considered to be one of the best?

Sorry my history seems to have slipped.

Note America's current army is an ALL volunteer army. They choose the risk to go to war.

Post subject: Rummy
PostPosted: Thu 03-18-2004 7:31PM 
Sergeant

Source: Holtman Hall
An interesting little clip of Rumsfeld on "Face the Nation" -
http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 03-19-2004 12:52AM 

Anonymous wrote:
Note America's current army is an ALL volunteer army. They choose the risk to go to war.

You fucking chud.

I served in the army, and although i swore my life to defend this country... i would have been pissed to fight in this invasion. I dont know how many service men and women expected to be pawns in one presidents personall agenda.

There is great honour in serving your country. I just wonder how the soldiers feel about this war. Knowing now that they were lied to.

Post subject: Re: Rummy
PostPosted: Fri 03-19-2004 12:58AM 

yoda6382 wrote:
An interesting little clip of Rumsfeld on "Face the Nation" -
http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

OMG. thats both sad and funny.

thanks yoda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 03-19-2004 1:32AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Altman Hall
I think I missed something, can someone explain...

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 03-19-2004 5:50AM 
Lieutenant

Source: TJ South
All I know is Aaron, you suck.

And I am gonna kick you in the balls.

Thanks and have a nice day :D

SEX is GOOD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03-20-2004 4:58PM 
Captain

Source: TJ South
Bush's father did not remove Saddam from power because he attempted to have Saddam overthrown by his own people by imposing trade embargos. It failed because the media in Iraq was controlled by Saddam's loyalists who blamed the U.S. for all of the troubles.

Then Clinton took office and he did next to nothing. He just let the problem compound. All that he did was launch cruise missiles for 30 days that did nothing but stir up the problem.

Now that brings us to president Bush who gets power of the country when it had just gone into a recession, Iraq is as bad as ever, and later 9-11 occurs. Saddam has been a major supporter of terriosts. He may of not liked Bin Laden, but that doesn't mean he didn't aid him. I really didn't care too much about the war in Iraq, but someone was going have to do it sooner or later. I would prefer to have someone else in office than Bush, but the problem is that the other people running are worse than Bush from what I have seen. From past wars like WWI and Desert Storm, not rebuilding the country afterwards leads to an even worse country that is more likely to cause trouble. And giving control to the U.N. was an option, but the U.N. isn't doing anything right at the moment, so U.N. members are picking up without the U.N.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03-20-2004 5:30PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
yeah, bush got screwed when he went into office. The economy was already shrinking and there was no way to aviod alot of the stuff that happened to bush, although many people tend to blame him for it (not his fault). And the UN does pretty much suck. Go NATO, woot.

This is Chopper Dave's made for TV Movie 'Blades Of Vengeance',See He's a Chopper Pilot By Day,But by Night he Fights Crime As a Werewolf (uht Uh) YEAH!

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3