Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 10:51AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-25-2004 2:11AM 

Source: Somewhere
My wife always got mad at me when i said that homosexuality was a defect. It is obvious that 2 men or 2 women can not reproduce. It goes against the natural order. It is a "defect"

BUT. Gays exist. They are our friends and family. When congress gave federal rights to married people it stopped being a religious "union" and became a right such as a drivers license.

You CAN NOT deny a citizen their rights based on wether you like them or not. You CAN NOT deny the rights afforded to people becuase your particular religion doesnt like it.

My hunch is that homosexuality is genetic (90% of the time). But that argument is moot. Whether its genetic or psychological(?), you cannot deny someone their rights.

All these posts try to equate "gayness" to anger or ADD or whatever. This is not the same ballpark. The person who you are attracted to, is not "decided". In the same sense as what food you find "tastey". Some people love ocra. I hate it. I would rather eat dog shit. But that does not mean that people should not eat ocra. Its up to the individual to decide what he or she finds fullfilling.

anyway...rambled on long enough

Report this post    Reply with quote  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4