Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun 04-28-2024 6:21PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-22-2004 10:10PM 
Major

Source: Farrar Hall
LordoftheJujubes wrote:
If you can't handle DiffEq at this university, then I suggest you drop out and castrate yourself for the benefit of the species. The people who say DiffEq is hard are just pussies who can't handle a little work.

ITS CALLED OUT OF STATE TUITION YOU ASS, WHEN THEY START CHARGING ME LESS THAN 600 DOLLARS A CREDIT HOUR FOR A CLASS I WILL NEVER USE THEN I WILL THINK ABOUT TAKING A WORTHLESS CLASS HERE.

Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-22-2004 10:16PM 
Colonel

Source: VPN
They're called "Student Loans" for a reason. Suck it up, take out a loan, take the class and pay it off when you get a decent job because you're not a complete fucktard from skipping out of all of the remotely challenging courses.

For the record: I live 20 minutes east of the Mississippi River. For the geographically impared, that means I live in IL and am paying out-of-state tuition as well.

"I'll attract them with my human call.... 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, Night Elf, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-22-2004 10:44PM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Altman Hall
I thought that bordering counties in bordering states still got in-state tuition. I live in jasper county, a county that borders Kansas. I am considering taking summer classes at Pitt State. I would still get in-state tuition because I live in a bordering county. Maybe that is just some states, I dunno, but I doubt that 20 east of the mississippi is any more than 1 county.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-22-2004 10:47PM 
Colonel

Source: VPN
It's Adams County, but I don't think we're considered in-state.

"I'll attract them with my human call.... 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, Night Elf, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-22-2004 10:51PM 
Hero of Time

Source: Wilson Library
LordoftheJujubes wrote:
DiffEq is NOT high level math. It's not even close.

Agreed. Jeez, gimme a break...

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-22-2004 11:00PM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
allenlucky wrote:
LordoftheJujubes wrote:
If you can't handle DiffEq at this university, then I suggest you drop out and castrate yourself for the benefit of the species. The people who say DiffEq is hard are just pussies who can't handle a little work.

I agree...diffeq is the easiest math class I have taken at this school (started here at calc 2). It is painfully easy and natural (at least at UMR), and anyone who cannot smoke this class should prolly not be an engineer.

i guess i shouldn't be an engineer then

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-22-2004 11:29PM 
Brigadier General

LordoftheJujubes wrote:
They're called "Student Loans" for a reason. Suck it up, take out a loan, take the class and pay it off when you get a decent job because you're not a complete fucktard from skipping out of all of the remotely challenging courses.

For the record: I live 20 minutes east of the Mississippi River. For the geographically impared, that means I live in IL and am paying out-of-state tuition as well.

What's all the ruckus about having to take all of your classes at UMR? Taking a math class or two at columbia isn't going to make people not hire you unless they're anally retentive bitches, whom I bet most of us wouldn't want to work for anyways. If it saves you some money and possibly buffers your GPA a little, what's it going to hurt? Not all of us care that much about a few stupid math classes. Get off the UMR ego trip already.

Side note: I'm pretty sure you also get done with math classes faster if you take them at columbia. Aren't they about half a semester compared to regular classes here? Good plan if you want to graduate earlier, or at least get rid of some prereqs.

Then where do all the calculators go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-22-2004 11:39PM 

Source: Somewhere
HenBeav wrote:
allenlucky wrote:
LordoftheJujubes wrote:

I agree...diffeq is the easiest math class I have taken at this school (started here at calc 2). It is painfully easy and natural (at least at UMR), and anyone who cannot smoke this class should prolly not be an engineer.

Yes, you are a retard and should not be an engineer, unless maybe it is civil... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-23-2004 12:06AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
Beasty: Yeah, you can take three classes at Columbia College in the time that it takes you to take two classes here at UMR. At least it's like that Math-curriculum wise. I didn't do it, but I know a lot of guys in my house that took Calc I-III their Freshman year at Columbia College, and then DiffEq over that summer.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-23-2004 12:38AM 
Major

Anonymous wrote:
HenBeav wrote:
allenlucky wrote:
LordoftheJujubes wrote:

Yes, you are a retard and should not be an engineer, unless maybe it is civil... :D

yes everyone should be a civil i just sit in class and take notes. don't do my homework and i got a perfect grade distrubtion this semester an A,B,C, and D. funny thing is the A i have in fluids B in structures C in soils and D in enviromental thats the reverse of how easy the clases are

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-23-2004 12:58AM 
Brigadier General

Man do I have class with you again this semester? I guess it seems like a lot of people came from Bohner's DiffEQ into fluids with Mendoza.

Then where do all the calculators go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-23-2004 1:22AM 
Major

Where in Adams county you from because well yeah, I am from that county as well and I don't want to pay for something that is not going to help me do my job later in life. Schmuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-23-2004 7:24AM 
Major

Beasty-Fella wrote:
Man do I have class with you again this semester? I guess it seems like a lot of people came from Bohner's DiffEQ into fluids with Mendoza.

yeah most likely i got:
Fluids at 10 with mendoza
Soils with perty at 11
enviromental burken at 8 (why i am awake now)
structures 9 myers

and thats my lazy ass 12 hrs schedule

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2