Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 1:48PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

do you think umr women are hot?
Poll ended at Thu 04-22-2004 10:38PM
oooo yeaaaaa!!! 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
i can go out with em. 57%  57%  [ 36 ]
r u kidding me,even my granny is hotter. 33%  33%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 4:23AM 
Captain

Source: TJ South
Bj wrote:
my little adendum
"rolla,
where the men are men,
the women are men,
and the sheep are scared."

Okay...I'll have to totally agree here with BJ. I mean, I'm a female here at UMR...and the one great thing about being down here is that we can be ourselves. I am definitely no girly girl...and that type annoys the crap out of me...and I can hang out with the guys here.
People who aren't the typical Rolla person don't seem to understand us and some feel so uncomfortable. I'm definitely not in the hot or attractive category...but it doesn't matter to me. I was surprised when I got down here to Rolla that I can actually enjoy hanging out with girls and not get annoyed. A few of us have theorized that most of the girls here at Rolla were the type in highschool that liked sciences or mathematics, and found the stereotypical Cheerleader type VERY annoying. We can't stand the girly stuff and enjoy being ourselves...even if its more manly then girly...so when we get down here we can stand eachother :P . So pretty much we don't worry about our looks too much...of course this isn't all girls...I know several Chi Omegas that care a lot about how they look and what the guys think. So pretty much this is why there aren't many hot girls in Rolla. The ones with hot bodies may not show it off...or wear makeup...

Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 10:36AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Kelly Hall
I don't think you're hideous. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:04AM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
Just out of curiosity, how many of you people bitching about how there's no good looking girls here look like Tom Cruise?

Also, how many of you people bitching didn't at least hear about the lack of women (speaking generally not a specific refrence to good looking ones) before you came here?

Lastly, I've been here nearly 4 years now, and the girl situation has greatly improved statistically speaking. When I started, there was a 7:1 guy to girl ratio. From what I've been told now it's around 4/5:1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:04AM 
Major General

But then again, you have the HELLA ANNOYING types, like the aptly nicknamed 'Loud Liz' that's constantly on my floor. Though she is better this semester than last, but I think she'd fit into that annoying catagory. At times, at least. There are some other panzies who come up here (mostly the Halo crowd) that just scream and yell and all that jazz when they get butt raped by a shotgun. Makes you want to stick your head in the room and tell them, 'No matter how much you scream, it won't change the fact that you suck.'

Remember, Jesus loves you...but he doesn't put out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 11:37AM 
Major General

Source: TJ North
-|F.I.B.|-LowMan wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you people bitching about how there's no good looking girls here look like Tom Cruise?

Also, how many of you people bitching didn't at least hear about the lack of women (speaking generally not a specific refrence to good looking ones) before you came here?

Lastly, I've been here nearly 4 years now, and the girl situation has greatly improved statistically speaking. When I started, there was a 7:1 guy to girl ratio. From what I've been told now it's around 4/5:1.

I think the campus is something like 23% female. Every time in am in the H-SS building i always see tons of women....i think it is actaually 50/50 in there, lol.

But as i said i didn't come here to try and get laid. If thats what i wanted to do i would have gone to MU or SMSU.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 12:53PM 
Captain

Source: McAnerney Hall
Chem E majors know where the girls are at. I have about a 50% ratio if not higher amount of girls in my chem E class and it holds about same in chem3. Granted a few of them will go into Bio Chem E., but there are still quite a few coming into chem as well.

And i dont know what you all are saying about there being almost no hot chicks here. If generalized i would say that this college has mediocre girls. But if you look at certain areas you can find many very nice looking girls. Such as the sororities, the female athletes are pretty nice looking (Basketball and Soccer mainly), and then there are more of them floating around the campus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 1:05PM 
Colonel

i believe the women say:
the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

and it seems to me that the women are getting better here. at least i am seeing more, and more atractive ones more often. rolla gogles or no, there is an icrease in the amount of women, and i don't mean they just gained weight.

Life is a disease
sexually transmitted, terminal, and fatal.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 1:30PM 

Source: Somewhere
My mind is made up, Rolla chicks are about as hot as a eskimo sitting at the south pole, in winter, shoving icicles up his ass. Sure once in a while there might be a good looking blonde running around or something, but we all know she is dumb as shit and not worth the time it takes for your "hi" to slip in and out of her empty head.

And if you say townies (high school) girls are hot, it is NOT a valid answer, cause they are toothless dirty fucking yokals, now maybe if you are from some backwater hick worthless town, then that pussy might be ok with you, but us "city folk" have standards, we require intellegince and good looks, but most importantly class and tact.[/quote]

This is why I don't like Rolla there to many "city folk" aka St. Louis Fags that run around thinking there better than the people from the country, but when the truth be told they aren't, most of them have no common since about anything. They think it is cool to dis people who aren't from the city to make themselves feel better. We don't say shit about you so don't say shit about us. And I know alot of townies here and there are more hot townies than there are umr chicks. Just because you see a few low class welfare people who don't bathe doesn't mean all Rolla people are like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 1:46PM 
Colonel

Is it just me, or do most girls have a slight inferiority complex. Almost any time I'm out with a girl, and they see someone that they think is more attractive than themselves, they get defensive and look for an opening to badmouth them. But rarely do they ever say it to the girls face, only behind their back.

And I AM Tom Cruise, and I am from St. Louis, so it is pretty much a given that I am better than you. (Turn your internet sarcasm detector on high for that one. Well, only for the last part. I really am Tom Cruise and I'm from St. Louis)

I'll actually agree with the statement that attractive townies are more abundant than attractive UMR students. I went into Lowe's the other day and saw FIVE hot females. In ONE building...my mind about exploded. Granted they could have been UMR students, but I assumed not.

Not that I really care either way. I've got a girlfriend that I'm quite content with. No need to approach the attractive females here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 1:52PM 
Lieutenant

Well since it hasnt been said:

"There are tons of women at UMR, just not very many of them."

and for the women

"Rolla Men: The odd's may be good, but the goods are definately odd."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 2:24PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Triangle
Has anyone seen the incoming women of the freshmen class?
Makes me wish I was a high school senior again.

http://www.aperturescience.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 2:29PM 
Brigadier General

Source: McAnerney Hall
yeah, keep and eye out on PRO and Miner days. There are some attractive women that show up. Maybe this campus will turn out better in a few more years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 3:27PM 
Sergeant

Musically Bone-a-fide wrote:
Bj wrote:
my little adendum
"rolla,
where the men are men,
the women are men,
and the sheep are scared."

Okay...I'll have to totally agree here with BJ. I mean, I'm a female here at UMR...and the one great thing about being down here is that we can be ourselves. I am definitely no girly girl...and that type annoys the crap out of me...and I can hang out with the guys here.
People who aren't the typical Rolla person don't seem to understand us and some feel so uncomfortable. I'm definitely not in the hot or attractive category...but it doesn't matter to me. I was surprised when I got down here to Rolla that I can actually enjoy hanging out with girls and not get annoyed. A few of us have theorized that most of the girls here at Rolla were the type in highschool that liked sciences or mathematics, and found the stereotypical Cheerleader type VERY annoying. We can't stand the girly stuff and enjoy being ourselves...even if its more manly then girly...so when we get down here we can stand eachother :P . So pretty much we don't worry about our looks too much...of course this isn't all girls...I know several Chi Omegas that care a lot about how they look and what the guys think. So pretty much this is why there aren't many hot girls in Rolla. The ones with hot bodies may not show it off...or wear makeup...
hmmmmmmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 3:41PM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Altman Hall
I am Tom Cruise, and I'm taken.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Haha
PostPosted: Wed 03-24-2004 3:44PM 
Lieutenant

Source: CompSci Building
gearbot wrote:
yeah, keep and eye out on PRO and Miner days. There are some attractive women that show up. Maybe this campus will turn out better in a few more years.

You've obviously never heard of the UMR Freshman 50! Have you gone to school here long?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next