Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue 03-19-2024 5:39AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need help migrating xbox to 360 saves?
PostPosted: Sun 03-22-2009 3:39AM 
Corporal

Source: Off Campus
So, I bought an Xport360, which is basically a usb dock for the 360's hard drive. All you need to read the hard drive is a free program from codejunkies to read the formatting.
It also has a port to connect a regular xbox memory card to usb. Basically, if you have saves you want to transfer over, it's possible without any modding.

Don't know if anyone has xbox saves left, but I just got a 360, and transferring saves over is a pain. Just thought I'd throw that out there after bashing my face into the 360 trying to find a good way to do this crap.

If anyone wants to borrow it, shoot me an email (snttgc@mst.edu). I'm just trying to be helpful ^_^

Oh yeah, you can load game saves from the net too (If you want to be cheaty) and back up your 360 hard drive (takes a lot of space but worthwhile).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Need help migrating xbox to 360 saves?
PostPosted: Sun 03-22-2009 11:00AM 
post whore
post whore

firenza wrote:
So, I bought an Xport360, which is basically a usb dock for the 360's hard drive. All you need to read the hard drive is a free program from codejunkies to read the formatting.
It also has a port to connect a regular xbox memory card to usb. Basically, if you have saves you want to transfer over, it's possible without any modding.

Don't know if anyone has xbox saves left, but I just got a 360, and transferring saves over is a pain. Just thought I'd throw that out there after bashing my face into the 360 trying to find a good way to do this crap.

If anyone wants to borrow it, shoot me an email (snttgc@mst.edu). I'm just trying to be helpful ^_^

Oh yeah, you can load game saves from the net too (If you want to be cheaty) and back up your 360 hard drive (takes a lot of space but worthwhile).

Be careful with using cheat save games - IIRC one of the banwaves involved banning people that were using save games from major sites.

PostPosted: Mon 03-23-2009 6:23AM 
Corporal

Yeah, I really wouldn't use pre-made saves if you're on LIVE. I downloaded saves for an obscure original xbox game (Phantom Dust). I beat it like a week before I got my 360 and didn't feel like going through all that again. So far no trouble with the LIVE people, but like I said, it's a pretty random game. There are a total of like 30 people that get online and play.

I was offering mainly for the back-up option and transferring saves from the old xbox.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 04-06-2009 6:40AM 
Corporal

Source: TJ South
You're fine with transferring saves of old Xbox games. The banwaves only affected people who were downloading saves of 360 games and using them to artifically increase their gamerscore.

For example, people would post gamesaves with all of the COG tags in Gears of War picked up except the one in the tutorial, and then people could download it and get that achievement within 5 minutes of starting the game.

Profile E-mail